Isn't this such a sexy red? I'm on polishout 2011 so this is the first polish I have bought for the year but I can't resist a bright red as the weather warms up, and this is defiantly as bright of a candy apple red color as they get. I specially bought this for pedicures but wanted to show the color to you guys so I gave myself a quick manicure. This is one of Essie's "good" colors in the fact that it does not streak and it goes opaque with one coat, but I gave myself two coats for good measure.
This will be perfect on the toes...I'm going to the beach next month on vacation and I will be taking this with me for my pedicures. I think red looks gorgeous with a tan.
I love this color...this is another one of those dirty lilac colors that is similar to Sephora by Opi In "metro chic" but more lilac and less dark. As the weather gets warmer I'm winning myself off the dark colors and this is a good transition color. This is one of my all time favorite polishes and sometimes I find myself wearing this for weeks at a time. It wears very well and it's a very unique color.
My love of the week and what I have been obsessed with is winged liner achieved with gel or cream liner. I love how gel or cream liner elongates the eyes and give that sexy kitten yet classy old Hollywood look. I tried to get a good picture for you guys but this is the best that I could do....very sleepy eye. :)
Here I used MAC's 266 an angled brush perfect for winged liner and cliniques' brush on cream liner in the color True Black which is a dream to work with. It is very creamy, pigmented and long lasting. I have had mine for a while and it has not dried out. Bobbie Brown gel liner is still my holy grail liner though but Clinique's is a closed second.
Essie's ballet slippers is a gorgeous milky nude color that gives a soft romantic look to the hands. I love this color.
I have been looking for a nude to replace my beloved OPI bubble bath. I love OPI original bubble bath formula which is an off white nude. OPI reformulated it and now it's a sheer pink color which is very unoriginal and not special at all.
Below is OPI's original bubble bath:
To the right is OPI's original bubble bath and the left the new formula. The new formula is very sheer, very streaky and pinkish toned.
Essie's ballet slippers is pretty close to the original bubble bath. My search is over!
It has been snowing so much here this month and I'm in the south. It never snows this much here. Really craving spring so to put myself in the mood for spring and sunshine I picked Opi Strawberry Margarita to paint my nails.
Love this color. It's such a pretty hot pink. Now all I have to do is close my eyes and wish to be here.
If I had to pick one makeup items that excites me the most it has to be eyeshadow. I can go without foundation, or blush and even lipstick but I love love love to play up my eyes. So MAC's peacocky collection which had 15 different eyeshadows, had me really excited. I really loved this collection. I didn't buy any of the lip products although they looked amazing. The eyeshadows in this collection are absolutely stunning. They have a metallic shine but they are not majorly frosty. The texture of these is like butter, even softer than the starflash eyeshadows. I loved every one of the eyeshadows that I swatched and below are some of my favourites from this collection:
1. Unflappable. This is a gorgeous black/purple color much similar to MAC smut pro eyeshadow which is a gray black/red color. If you have a yellow undertone complexion like I do, you may have noticed how some grays or even blacks turn bluish color on you. Smut or Unflappable are perfect for anyone who has that issue because of the red or warm undertone that keeps it from going too blue. I love this shadow.
2. Center stage. This has to be my favorite eyeshadow at the moment. It's a beautiful burgundy red color that really makes green eyes "pop". This is absolutely stunning on top of MAC vintage selection paint pot.
3. Paparazz-she is a golden copper color. This is the perfect color for blue eyes and it'll look gorgeous with a tan. I love these type of colors for spring and summer.
MAC's Cham Pale collection came out in December so I'm really really late in posting this but I recently trotted to MAC and they still had the entire collection at my store. Since this was one of my favorite collections and it's not sold out in most stores, I felt ok posting this now. I'm in love with paint pots at the moment and this collection had four of them but my two favorite are vintage selection and chilled on ice.
1. Vintage selection is in my opinion the star of this collection. It's a gorgeous peachy/pink color with tons and tons of shimmer. It goes very well with both MAC woodwinked and Mulch and it's gorgeous on its own as well. If you get one item from this collection, get vintage selection.
2. Chilled on ice is a shampagne/gold color. This is sheer and very comparable to MAC bare study. It's not necessarly a must have but I love it enough that I thought it deserves a mention.
3. Chez Chez Lamé highlighter is a beautiful light golden highlighter. This is absolutely wonderful. It gives that light within to the cheeks. The shimmer is finely milled and absolutely gorgeous. This is a better and more refined version of the famous NARS albatros. It's stunning.
These would be my recommendations from the MAC cham pale collection. I'll post a different post about Peacocky collection haul. As far as MAC wonderwoman collection goes, I'll probably not be getting anything from that collection. The packaging is just not my cup of tea. Did you get anything from Cham Pale?
This month has been all about the eyes and the cheeks for me. I have been wearing mostly just balm in my lips. Here are some of my January favourites.
1. Cream color bases. I have always been a major fan of cream color bases and shadows but this month specifically I have been using them not just under my shadows but also by themselves. I have so many I love like Benefit creasless cream eyeshadow/liners, MAC paints and paint pots and UD potions just to mention a few. The three I have enjoyed the most this month have been MAC bare study - a beautiful champagne color that brings light and opens the eyes, Benefit birthday suit- a gorgeous golden chrome color and Benefit bunny hope - a beautiful pink with a multidimensional blue on it. I also have used MAC paint in Stilife
a lot (There is a swatch of it on my previous post) From Left to right - MAC bare study, Benefit birthday suit and benefit bunny hop.
2. Chanel Safari eyeshadow. This is a beautiful taupe color. If you love taupe, this is one to add to your collection. It's a taupe with tons and tons of silver shimmer. As most chanel eyeshadows, this is not super pigmented, but it gives a gorgeous color without being too overstated.
3. As a makeup junkie I have tons and tons of blushes, but the one I love the most and when I use I truly feel like this is all the blush I need, is MAC well dressed. I love this blush. It's a pink with silver shimmer running thru it so it brings color and light to the cheeks. Lovely.
4. I change my polishes all the time but I really wanted to mention one of my all time favourite which is China Glaze something sweet. I love this cotton candy pink. Perfect for spring. I have it on right now and love it.