Here are some of my favorite foods for healthy locks and gorgeous youthful skin:
1. Apples. To say that I love apples is such an understatement. Very rarely a day goes by when I don't eat an apple. What's so great about apples? There are so many health benefits but I'll just mention a few. Apples are low in calories, high in fiber, have no fat or sodium and are loaded with vitamins and minerals. They are loaded with vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant that adds in keeping skin healthy and youthful and it keeps your immune system strong. It also has Vitamin A which aids in having and keeping gorgeous hair. It also has an abundance of iron and folic acid which are both great for your hair and strong bones.
2. Almonds. I love to eat almonds raw usually, although sometimes I do enjoy the roasted salty almonds especially when I'm craving salt. Almonds make for beautiful hair. They're packed with Biotin which is well known to provide gorgeous locks. Packed with Vitamin E, they're perfect to nourish skin and protect it from the sun. Almonds are high in magnesium which protects your skin from aging and help you maintain long healthy hair.
3. Quinoa. Quinoa is a superfood. It's highly nutritious and one of my favorite foods to eat. It's gluten free and packed with protein. The vegetable protein in quinoa contains all 9 amino acids making quinoa a natural hair strengthener. It's often used in hair products. Aveda Damage Remedy line, one of the best strengthening hair products I have tried, has quinoa as the star ingredient. It protects and nourishes the hair helping it from breakage which in turn helps to get long healthy hair without split ends. Consuming quinoa also helps boost collagen which leads to supple healthy skin.
4. Blackberries. Blackberries are more than 85% water along with an abounded amount of fiber which provide your body with a good amount of hydration to contribute to healthy skin. They're also packed with vitamin C to fight wrinkles and skin damage. They can help detoxify your skin which is great news for those of us who have acne breakouts.
5. Sweet Potatoes. Sweet potatoes may be one of my all time favorite foods to eat. They are one of the most nutritious foods packed with Omega 3, Vitamin A, B, C, K and E, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and zinc. Sweet potatoes are great for skin as they help keep skin elasticity. They're also great to be used as mask as they help improve skin texture. The vitamins in sweet potatoe help your hair get shiny and glowing.