Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nars Orgasm versus Nars Deep Throat blush

Hi everyone,
Long time no post....My PC broke and I just now got it back in my possession so I have had lots of catching up to do and lots of blog posts to read.
I thought to make a quick post about two of my favorite NARS blushes which are NARS orgasm and NARS deep throat (not sure about NARS's product names but love the colors).
NARS Orgasm is on the right and deep throat is on the left.

 NARS orgasm is a very popular blush. It's a mixture of gold, peach and pink all in one with gold shimmer laced thru it. It's very pigmented as are most of NARS blushes. I love this blush best when my hair is lighter. The first thing I noticed when I swatch this blush is the gold shimmer which gives the cheeks that healthy sexy youthful glow. A lot of products give that glow but I think the difference is that this blush is so pigmented that it warms up the cheeks with a soft warm pinky peachy color and it highlights them with at the same time. This is a very pretty color and works well on most skin tones. This blush constantly wins awards in the beauty industry.
 NARS deep throat is very similar to orgasm but much more pinky and less gold. Most people describe this as peach but to me this is more pink than peach. It has a ton of gold sparkles but unlike orgasm the gold particles are more visible on  the product rather than laced thru it. Once you brush this on the cheeks though, the gold particles sort of dissipate. This is my favourite NARS blush. It's more warming to the skin than any other blush I have ever tried. It's gives that sweet pinky flush to the cheeks and that sexy doll cheek look. Here are some swatches of both of these products (Nars orgasm on top and deep throat on the bottom)

Nars deep throat on the left and orgasm on the right.
I love both of these blushes but deep throat is my favorite and a true must have holy grail blush for me. Have you guys tried these products? What is your favorite blush?

46 comments:

  1. wow! both the colors look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Get Gawjus-They really are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both amazing shades, you have excellent taste :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @WarPaintGuru -Glad you like =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these look so pretty! Thanks for the swatches - I think Deep Throat may be next on my shopping list. I always felt like Orgasm was always overhyped anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Rinny -Deep throat is a total must have
    @ Fashin and Beauty Lights - Thanks Irene

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for blogging about both of them. No one ever puts the together in a post. I like both of them, but deep throat is my fave of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted one of these two colors an end up buying something eles instead! I think deep throat is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both colors:)

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are both super pretty colors. I wonder why cosmetic companies are obsessed with not only the "sex sells" stand point but also using such blatantly crazy names for their colors. I mean, what are you going to say when people ask you what you're wearing for blush? "Oh..it's Deep Throat." hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought deep throat, and it looks absolutely awful on me. I am staying at my parents until the wedding and my mum told me I looked like a cheap hooker. THANKS MUM! She asked what color it was and I said deep throat and she said no wonder you look like a hooker *sigh* yet she tried it and it looked fab on her...so annoying!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Fashion Meets Food - Girl you crack me up...hahaha. That's too funny
    Thank you guys for all of your comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. so gorgeous! i love them both :) my fave blush is mac mineralized blush in dainty.. it just complements my skintone so well!

    thanks for commenting btw! <33

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought Deep throat today, I tried Orgasm too, but Deep throat is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Paperheart - I have Danity too. It's very pretty
    @ StyleFrost- You made the right choice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually like both. Orgasm for days when I want a lighter pop of color. Deep Throat for going out at night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both shades are gorgeous!! Orgasm is a favorite of mine, but I've never tried Deep Throat, may have to be my next on my shopping list =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Krisite - They are both very pretty
    @ Emma - If you like Orgasm, you'll love deep throat. It's in the same pinky peach family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. they both look great! thanks so much for this! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've not tried either - yet!
    I'm planning to go to my nearest nars counter on friday, I can't wait to pick these up :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohh I just saw your latest post...hmm late na?
    anyway..now i have come, i love both, i love pink blush...have to buy it..if it would be available in India.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I definitely like the look of Orgasm better than deep throat

    ReplyDelete
  23. In my opinion Orgasm is a few more gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love both of these colors but Deep Throat is prettier than Orgasm. But, I don't own any NARS products. So, my favorite blush of the moment is the MAC Mineralize blush in Lovething :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog