Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 21, 2010

My favourite nude lipsticks.

Hi lovelies,
I don't know about you, but I love a nude lip. If done right and match the skintone, the nude lipstick can help tone down a smokey eye, make lips appear larger, and have a more put together look.
Here are some of my must have nude lips.
MAC Myth, MAC Creme d'Nude, and MAC fleshpot. MAC myth is a nude with a peachy beige undertone. MAC creme d'nude has a bit more beige than myth but since it's a cremesheen it's very soft and easy to apply and the most easy to use out of these three nudes. MAC fleshpot is a pro item only and it's a nude with a pink undertone. Most people complain that this is hard to wear. I use a lip balm under most nudes because this softens the color and it's not as harsh or chalky.

MAC creme d'nude.

 

Revlon Soft Nude. This is my favourite drugstore lipstick. It has more color than MAC myth, creme d'nude or fleshpot. It has a very pretty peach undertone. While most people have to work with a nude lipstick to make it work for them, this is so simple to use and foolproof. It has enough color so it will not wash out someone's complexion.

 

NYX summer love. This is a close dupe for MAC's creme d'nude. It has a very soft peachy/beige undertone. The texture of this lipstick is soft as butter as are MAC cremesheens so it melts very easily as I'm sure you can see by this picture.

MAC hug me. This is a more pigmented nude type of color. It's a soft brown with a mauve undertone. This is really pretty on darker skintones. I love this color though even when I'm pale. I highly recommend this color if you're looking for a "professional" type of lipstick. This will totally make you look pretty and put together.
MAC "style it up" from the Barbie limited edition collection. This is a more pigmented version of MAC flashpot. It's a soft nude with a pink undertone and it has a lot of sheen to it. I really wish MAC would bring this back.


I love nude lipsticks. I know a lot of people have a hard time applying nude lipsticks, but it helps to have a lip balm or lip primer under the lipstick to soften the color and make it less chalky. It also helps to just tab on the ones that are light or difficult to work with and then just use a brush or your fingers (after sanitizing your hands) to spread it thru your lips. This really helps in getting the nude natural lip without the "concealer" look.
What are your favourite nudes? I know I want to get my hands Gosh Darling which does not sell in the US but what other recommendations do you have?
Hope you all are having a lovely weekend.

41 comments:

  1. *sigh* this is like a list of the lipsticks I cannot wear. They all make me look dead. I have Creme de Nude in a drawer, I try it again once every 4 months with hope and no, it never works. I'm the kind of girl who only looks good with bright lips.
    Gosh Darling was a disaster on me, so it would probably look good on you. Holler at me if you ever need a CP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nude lipsticks the only one I can wear right now is Revlons Soft Nude or Peachstock by Mac.I still have to be careful or it looks ridiculous. Lovely post Style It Up looks gorgeous shame it was LE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Musing on Beauty - I wish I could wear bright lipsticks as much. Thank you so much for the offer. Greatly appriciate it xx
    @ Andrea - Me too. Fingers crossed MAC brings it back. Should have mentioned Peachstock. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Revlon soft nude looks gorgeous! I really like Mac's Myth as well!!
    Check out my blog if you have a spare minute :) http://beautybloggings.blogspot.com

    Jenn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jenn -Just did and followed xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love a nude lip, I only have the Revlon one but maybe soon I will collect all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love nude lipstick too. I favor it more over red. That must be because of my tanned skin :)

    Join our giveaway to win a fabulous dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love nude lippies, but I can only wear them when I'm super tanned or else it makes me look like i'm sick or something haha! :)

    You've got a great blog! I love it, I just started mine, have a look if you like! http://justablogaboutbec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My love affair with nudes is still going strong... Def want to try fleshpot :) Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love nude lipstick too.. I mean what can go wrong with nude lipstick.. .

    ReplyDelete
  11. L.O.V.E nude lipstick! Spesh with a very dramatic eye... oooooo I need to invest :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even I have the Revlon Soft nude one. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love lipstick but never get to the moment to put it on:DD lazy me
    follow if u like http://rayabo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't been able to find a nude lipstick that I love yet. I am loving some of these.. may have to check them out at the store.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Revlon soft nude too and I'm loving it :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love nudes!!Lovely favs and collection you got there hun!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. ah mah gawd. nude lipsticks are so HOT HOT HOT in right now.. :-)

    love them!

    Have a Twitter? Follow me!
    http://twitter.com/alwaysClaudiaK

    --Styleguru

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh thanks for this post, you opened my eyes to a few different nude lipsticks to try out. I have hte revlon one and i loveee it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also have creme d nude and i love it. Btw, I tagged in my "4 things" post. would love to see your answers..

    Raech

    http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty. I love nude lipstick but you definitely need the right have and the right combo of eye make up with it.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah! I love nude lipsticks! I really like to play my eyes with bold shades and nude lips are a hit with the smokey and bold dramatic eyes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Ansa, I'm new to your blog :). This is a very helpful post thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree - Nude Lips rule:)
    Those are great nudes you've got there!

    www.inmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love nudes too! My lips are always so red and I hate it so a nude lipstick is always in my purse!

    ReplyDelete
  25. you should try Freckletone from MAC is a really pretty nude

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog