Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 2, 2011

MAC chilled on ice versus MAC bare study paint pot

I recently got a few items from MAC's cham pale collection including Chilled on ice paint pot. Chilled on ice is a champagne pink with tons and tons of glitter. The camera is not going to pick up the glitter but it has a good quantity of gold glitter in it.
I love paint pots or eyeshadow basis on general. I love how they keep the shadow on for longer and if you go for colored primers such as paint pots, a few Urban Decay primer potions, benefit liner/cream shadows etc, you can really increase the vibrancy of the shadows. I was really excited to get my hands on chilled on ice. Overall I like it. It has tons of glitter which I'm usually not a fan of but this doesn't have much fall out and truly makes any eyeshadow much more vibrant. In color it's very similar to MAC's permanent paint pot in Bare Study. Bare Study is to the left and Chilled On Ice is to the right.

The color of these two is very similar. They are both a soft champagne color and even the swatch doesn't look very different. Applied on the lid though, Bare study is more fluid like and easier to apply. Chilled on ice's glitter makes it a bit more difficult to work with. In my opinion if you have Bare Study, skip chilled on ice.
Did you or do you plan to get anything from the Cham Pale collection?
Hope you all have had a lovely day.


29 comments:

  1. I adore Bare Study and so of course have been liking the look of Chilled on Ice too...thanks for the swatches. If you like Urban Decay enter my Book of Shadows 3 giveaway!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have either! But i think i'll pick up bare study and that 'I Get No Kick' eyeliner as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought chilled on ice but am taking it back because throughout the day it started to look chunky on my eye. Its too bad because it is such a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have only just got bare study can u believe it! love it though also yes i will be cham paleing my pockets full love the new collection!

    Happy new year!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have either but Bare Study looks gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love mac products!
    Happy New Year! :D

    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have bare study so I guess I don't need this. I didn't get anything from this but that other collection that released. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ansa,

    Just wanted to let you know that Liz Earle has a US website which will make it easier for you to get (although its not in stores there)
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found that the paint pots from this collection were too glittery for my liking. I am interested in getting bare study though =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always heard such good things about this! Lovely color (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shades :) I don't own either of these but champagne is a lovely pick for natural eyes. the glitter one doesn't sound too appealing, nobody likes glitter everywhere XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. the two colors do look quite similar. but I always love the shimmer type eyeshadows :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. There were I few things I looked at but nothing in the collection really stood out for me & I'm meant to be saving :)
    lovely post!! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the post! Really needed to read that.. I don't have bare study and I've been wanting to get it but then this collection came out and wasn't sure whether to go for chilled on ice or Bare study or vintage selection.. I heard vintage selection has the least amount of glitter.. Will have to compare bare study with vintage selection

    Chilled on ice is outta the equation now..

    Thaaanks

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog