Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 8, 2010

MAC desert rose and a suprise

Hello lovelies,
I received the most amazing gift yesterday in the mail and a very nice surprise. One of the girls I follow here on blogger, Laura at http://www.youaresoprettylaura.com/ posted last week that she had MAC's desert rose blush but didn't want and it was up for grabs. I have been eyeing this blush for a while so I answered first and she send it to me. It got here extremely fast considering she is in UK and I'm in US. She also included an extra item in the package that really made me smile...I love it. I was very touched by her generosity and it made me realize that blogging isn't just about expressing thoughts and opinions on  makeup, clothes, travels, etc.  It's also about connecting with like minded individuals and making friends. Please check out her blog http://www.youaresoprettylaura.com/ and follow her if you haven't already.
Here is a swatch of MAC's Desert Rose:

I absolutely love this blush. I put it on yesterday as soon as I got it and I really love it. I would describe this as in between a red and a burgundy. It's a very soft burnt red color. It works very well with my skin tone.  This is the type of color that warms up your face the moment you put it on and it gives that overall look of a happy/healthy face. It's a matte finish which is my fave type of MAC blush finish. It stays on really well. The swatch in my hand for this picture had to be taken off with MAC wipes. I like that because I don't have to worry about retouching my make up through out the day.
Laura also included the most beautiful card and a very beautiful necklace, which I also put on as soon as I got it (I was very excited...can you tell?). The necklace is 16 inch (my fave length) and it features a cute little owl.




I have already thanked Laura but thank you again Laura. Have you tried MAC Desert Rose? What have you done lately to make someone's day?


35 comments:

  1. That was a lovely thought :) its easy to get disillusioned with the world x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Paws and pockets - It was very kind and generous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really nice. What a great gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blush! it looks pretty! :) Got a new follower- me :) Check out my blog too. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was lovely of her! The necklace and blush are beautiful! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Anyonymous - It really is :)
    @ Kim - Thank you so much for following. Will check out yr blog now
    @ Neekeexoxo- They are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that necklace is very cute! :D

    p.s. i gave you an award on my blog. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. she's very generous. just checked out her blog and followed her too!

    Thanks for sharing..

    Raech

    http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful owl:)))

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous desert rose blush! I phoned my sister in the UK to say goodbye before she flew to Magaluf in Spain on hols...I think it made her day?!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. really Ansa i read your post and felt that blogging is not only a way to express your own thoughts..its more that that...you have found a lovely friend and i'm jealous..but happy that i have a friend like you...isn't it Ansa?
    now about the blush...ohh love this shade..really.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How thoughtful of her! That blush is so gorgeous, a MA used it on me once and it looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i agree, desert rose is such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet necklace, what a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is so cool. And that blush looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty. I love the blush. That necklace is gorgeous too! 16" is probably my favorite too.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  17. How generous of her! Desert Rose looks stunning! awwee that necklace is gorg and that card is lovely too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful work! That is the kind of information that are supposed to be
    shared around the net. Shame on the seek engines for no longer
    positioning this post higher! Come on over and talk over with my
    web site . Thank you =)

    My weblog: click here

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog