Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's in my makeup bag?

Hello lovelies,
I wanted to make a post about what's currently in my makeup bag. I have done one of these before, but for us makeup junkies, this changes all the time.
Here is what I have been using lately:
It has been a much hotter summer here this year than last so I have kept my face makeup very simple and have only been using MAC's MSF in Medium Plus with a little bit of concealer which at the moment is MAC's studio fix. Since I have kept the face soft and matte.  I really enjoy playing up the eyes with natural shimmery colors. To make any eyeshadow more vibrant and shimmery, I always turn to Urban Decay Primer Potion in sin. It's a gorgeous champagne color. It keeps eyeshadows from creasing and it makes it stay on very well even in hot weather. To test it out, next time you're at Sephora or anywhere that sells Urban Decay swatch this, let it dry and try to remove it. It will not come off unless you use make up wipes. I love this stuff. Here is a swatchy goodness:
One of the eyeshadows that I have been using lately is MAC's pigment in Jardin Aires which is a soft peachy gold pigment. This is discontinued but I found mine at a CCO so check your local CCO's. A close dupe would be MAC's Blonde's Gold pigment. 


In my outer crease I have been using Urban Decay Underground. If you are a taupe type of girl, and I most definitely am, you have got to get your hands on this color. This is similar to MAC's Satin Taupe except this is a bit softer. MAC's has a more purple undertone and this has more of a brown undertone. I love the texture of UD deluxe eyeshadows. These have a very soft buttery texture. The only thing I don't like about the deluxe eyeshadows is the packaging. The plastic top came off within a week of using it. Here is a swatch of underground:


This is Jardin Aires and Underground on top of Sin:

I have kept my lips pretty soft wearing MAC's Nude Rose lipstick from the D-square collection or just a balm. I love this lipstick and really wish it wasn't limited edition. A close dupe is MAC's hue.
I love MAC's Hue: Turquatic and it's my "go to" summer perfume. I always take this with me in vacations. This is how the MAC website describes this: Crisp and energizing! A splash of clear, sparkling mineral water brought to a chill through an infusion of fresh lotus leaves and Corsican cedrat, then finished with a warm blend of anemone, orris and blue cedar. I love this and have gone thru multiple bottles of it. I wish MAC would make these bigger.

These are the items that are currently in my make up bag. What's in your make up bag?

Search This Blog