Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's in my makeup bag?

Hello lovelies,
I wanted to make a post about what's currently in my makeup bag. I have done one of these before, but for us makeup junkies, this changes all the time.
Here is what I have been using lately:
It has been a much hotter summer here this year than last so I have kept my face makeup very simple and have only been using MAC's MSF in Medium Plus with a little bit of concealer which at the moment is MAC's studio fix. Since I have kept the face soft and matte.  I really enjoy playing up the eyes with natural shimmery colors. To make any eyeshadow more vibrant and shimmery, I always turn to Urban Decay Primer Potion in sin. It's a gorgeous champagne color. It keeps eyeshadows from creasing and it makes it stay on very well even in hot weather. To test it out, next time you're at Sephora or anywhere that sells Urban Decay swatch this, let it dry and try to remove it. It will not come off unless you use make up wipes. I love this stuff. Here is a swatchy goodness:
One of the eyeshadows that I have been using lately is MAC's pigment in Jardin Aires which is a soft peachy gold pigment. This is discontinued but I found mine at a CCO so check your local CCO's. A close dupe would be MAC's Blonde's Gold pigment. 


In my outer crease I have been using Urban Decay Underground. If you are a taupe type of girl, and I most definitely am, you have got to get your hands on this color. This is similar to MAC's Satin Taupe except this is a bit softer. MAC's has a more purple undertone and this has more of a brown undertone. I love the texture of UD deluxe eyeshadows. These have a very soft buttery texture. The only thing I don't like about the deluxe eyeshadows is the packaging. The plastic top came off within a week of using it. Here is a swatch of underground:


This is Jardin Aires and Underground on top of Sin:

I have kept my lips pretty soft wearing MAC's Nude Rose lipstick from the D-square collection or just a balm. I love this lipstick and really wish it wasn't limited edition. A close dupe is MAC's hue.
I love MAC's Hue: Turquatic and it's my "go to" summer perfume. I always take this with me in vacations. This is how the MAC website describes this: Crisp and energizing! A splash of clear, sparkling mineral water brought to a chill through an infusion of fresh lotus leaves and Corsican cedrat, then finished with a warm blend of anemone, orris and blue cedar. I love this and have gone thru multiple bottles of it. I wish MAC would make these bigger.

These are the items that are currently in my make up bag. What's in your make up bag?

21 comments:

  1. i would love to try that shadow primer.! :)

    dint know MAC has perfumes.. or maybe it was never released here in my country. :(

    Raech

    http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try a perfume by mac :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh mac!
    i use mac powder in nw25 or 30, mac blush in fleur peur, mac plush lash or the new one (can't remember the name right now) and for eyeshadows i use lots of browns and bronzes and oh gosh i LOVE the paint pots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the UD Underground, I want to buy it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got Sin Primer potion, really shimmer and perfect for summer!
    Uhm Mac's Hue is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have given you an award on my blog chicky! :)

    http://scousebeautyaddict.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-first-ever-blog-award.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've smelt that perfume and it smells absolutely gorgeous. I didn't buy it, although I wish I did :( x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I have yet to pick up MAC Hue. Everyone raves about this color. Enjoy your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good stuff!

    I like to keep it simple in the summer too! I need a new MSF because my current one is to light for my skin. That pigment is gorgeous and the combination it makes with the shadow is heavenly!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you girls for all of your comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been doing exactly what you've been doing, a simple face with a shimmery eye! It looks really good, even though I usually go really neutral for my eyeshadow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there! I found your blog through Laura's (scousemakeup) and I really like it! I'm following :)

    Check out my blog when you get a chance:
    www.witsoverignorance.blogspot.com

    xox Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so wanted to get my hands on MAC's nude rose lipstick but it was sold out at my MAC counter forever and I never managed to get it :( But I have Hue and I absolutely love it :)
    Love your blog, found it today and I'm your newest follower :)
    Hope you can visit mine too if you have the time :)

    Alex xoxo
    http://www.missmakeupglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ADORE shimmery! Shimmery dance moves, shimmery dresses, shimmery wine (hmmm... overboard) and LOVE shimmery make-up! Eyes and cheek bones are constantly shimmered :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to try some of those Urban Decay shadows, they always look so nice. Also MAC perfume, never tried it, and it's cool that it's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have that urban decay eyeshadow primer! and i loveee it :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the MAC's nude rose lipstick..i think it will really suit on my lips...love the shadow too

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tagged you on my blog. Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have the UDPP in Sin - love it! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jardin Aires and Underground look lovely together! Especially with Sin underneath, it brings these bronzey colors even more to life!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love shopping at the CCO too !! ^_^ always good finds, and best of all, discounted !

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog