Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 5, 2010

July Favourites

Hi lovelies,
Here are some products that I have enjoyed using most of July:
1. Urban Decay Naked Palette. This palette is so hard to find. It sold out immediately online and in most stores. It is not limited edition so hopefully once the hype is over, it'll be more available. It has 12 different shaded some of which are permanent and some of which are not available in the Urban Decay permanent line. There is a mixture of matte and shimmers and no glitter shadows. I love Urban Decay but I do not like their glittery shadows such as the likes of Midnight Cowboy due to all the glitter fallout. I'm happy to report that there are no shadows in this palette I wouldn't wear. Below are some pictures of this palette.
The packaging of this is just gorgeous. It's a soft chocolate velvet cover with gold letters. The palette comes with an Urban Decay primer potion. The primer potion is a great product. It keeps the shadow on for hours with no smudging, smearing or creasing. The only negative about the primer potion is the packaging. It's a small potion type bottle which is cute in theory but so much of the product gets left behind.
The palette also has two urban decay pencils in whiskey which is a pretty bronze brown color and zero which is a black. I have used Zero before and love it. It goes on creamy but stays on for hours without any smudging.
The two I have used the most from this palette are virgin and darkhorse (Virgin is the first color to the left and Darkhorse is the 8th color on this palette). Below are some swatchy goodness of these two colors:


2. MAC's 217 brush. I highly recommend this brush. When I go on vacation, and don't want to bother carrying too much makeup I can get away with carrying only this brush and a blending brush. It's fantastic to put shadow on. It packs the shadow on and it's one of the few brushes I have found to work well to put color on all over the lead but also on the crease.


3. MAC Mineralized skinfinish in Medium Plus. This is all I have worn during the month of July. With temperatures as high as 105 degrees, I can't bother wearing a liquid foundation. This gives perfect coverage and it's light on the skin. You can build this up and get the perfect flawless coverage.

4. Sephora Professionnel (it's really spelled that way =)Retractable Travel Powder Brush #51. I use this brush to apply my MAC MSF in the morning or during the day for any touch ups needed. This is perfect to put in your makeup bag mainly because of it's retractable feature which keeps it clean.



4. Chanel Particuliere-This is very similar to Sephora by OPI metro chic which is one of my fave polishes and the one I get most compliments on when I have it on. This is a muddy taupe/brown type of color. Sounds very unappealing but looks great on. A close dupe is Barry M Mushroom. We don't have Barry M in the US so for all of you that have Barry M, I'm very jealous. I love this color and am always drown to these type of dirty/rich type of colors.


These are some of my fave products for the month of July.
Have you tried any of these products? What have you worn the most in the month of July?
Hope you all are having a lovely week.

31 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your Naked palette. I'm seriously lemming this!

    I love Barry M, Mushroom is a fave of mine. Been wanting to try Metro Chic for a while, all the pics I see of it look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pallette looks gorgeous! I don't think I've seen it in the uk, I havent got any mac eye brushes and I've heard loads about the 217,I may have to purchase it & I wish there was a sephora here in the uk!!!! That brush looks amazing, great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love my Urban Decay Naked Palette! I use it ALL THE TIME!!! And I love Chanel polish, great coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very very very jealous of your naked palette. I can't get one in England and they are selling for £50 on ebay from USA. It looks gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the favourites! I'm jealous of your Naked palette! We can't get them in the UK yet :(

    http://lipstick-rosepetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. naked make up? sounds fun. looks pretty too! i have the mac 217 brush too. love that chanel color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That palette is so gorgeous! I can't wait to get my hands on it T___T

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second 217 brush. It's a great versatile tool for blending and such. NAKED palette is everywhere! On everyone's blogs!! I'm going to pass on it for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my 217 brush, but somehow I managed to ruin it. Its so fluffy and spread out and I can't seem to get it back to its original shape. I may have to buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that palette and chanel nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ ElephantJuice-You're very luck to have acess to Barry M
    @ Adele- It's a great palette
    @ Tayebug - I do too
    @ Laura - It's not worth that much for sure. I bought it for $44 which I think (not exactly sure of the rate) may be around 28 pounds. It's totally sold out everywhere though
    @ Neekeexoxo-Hopefully you'll get them soon
    @ Christina -The 217 is a great brush
    @ Susie-I hope you get one and enjoy using it. It's a very nice palette
    @ Kristie-It is everywhere isn't it? It's almost like MAC's stereo rose...the hype of these things. hehe
    @ FunnyFaceBeauty-You must replace it. I can't do makeup with this brush
    @ StyleFrost -Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. DIVINE packaging- will have to see if i can buy that over here! Really gorgeous colours too that would suit any colouring! Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Sophie P - You're welcome =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chanel makes such fabulous products!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your favorites. I only own the MSF and the 217. I am relieved to hear from you that the Naked pallete is part of the permanent line (i did not know that) because everytime I look for it, it's sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your favorites are all things I've wanted to try, esp MAC MSF's..still have yet to get one :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ OneCrazyFox- Yes they do
    @ Martha-It's sold out everywhere. I want to buy a few for people and can't get my hands on any others.
    @ Arlie - You'll love it. It makes the skin flawless looking but yet very natural. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is my favorite polish color ever!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ Fashion Meets Food - I wore it most of the month I loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chanel Particuliere is really beautiful isn't it:) I love it,too:)
    This month my favorite product was Eyeko Rain Polish and Nuxe Tinted Moisturiser:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ Pelininstyle-It really is. I hope you're having a good holiday in London :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i've been meaning to get me some urban decay stuff- thanks for reminding me :D
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, hopefully I'll get my hands on it when all the madness calms down and once everyone has it so it's not SOLD OUT anymore.

    Create a look with this pallete, I'd die to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. love your favourites :)
    great blog!!
    ive tagged you check out my blog :) http://lora505.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. can't wait to get my hands on the naked pallet! love your blog =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lucky you owning the Naked Palette and Chanel Particulière! I also love the MSF Natural and my shade is Medium Plus, too! :-) Also love love love the 217 brush, it's my favorite brush and I totally agree, you can create any makeup with this brush alone!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want the NAKED palette from UD!
    Everybody keeps raving bout it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I seriously need to get my hands on that palette if theres still some left yikes. And love that Chanel polish. Anything with that muddy/taupe color I'm a sucker for.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the UD NAKED palette, so wanna get it for myself! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh I wish this palette! It seems to be very pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I got one too! I obsess over nudes! Btw...UD is coming out with a new Book of Shadows and I posted the photos on my blog, XOXO
    http://venuslovesvirgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog