Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

December and mid January favorites

Ok so this is really really late but I thought I'll do a quick "favorite posts" as I have couple of products that have been must haves last month and this month.
My makeup needs have changed a bit in the last couple of months. I'm training to run a full marathon in April (wish me luck) and with the cold and snow that we have experienced most of my runs have been in the gym. My makeup has to be simple and quick (can't carry my vanity in the gym bag though wish I could). I reach for eyeshadows that work worn all over the lid, and mascara that does it all in one swipe. I simply don't have time to do all the blending and the countering these days.
Starting with MAC Pro Lash mascara. I love this mascara. I know MAC's mascaras get mixed reviews from a lot of people and I can't say that I love all of them, but pro lash is in the top 10 favourite mascaras for me. I love it because it lengthens, volumes, separates and does not clump. It's instant gratification type of mascara. Once coat gives results. I know this is a fave among MAC artists and I can really understand why. I totally recommend this product.

2. MAC mineralized blush in Warm Soul. This is a minzeralized blush that's a soft brown with tons and tons of gold shimmer thru it. Again a product that gives a bit of a glow so it highlights, it's a tan color so it bronzes the skin and a gorgeous blush to lift up the face. All in one. I took the pic below in direct sunlight so you can see the gold sparkles. When you put this on the cheeks there are no glitter particles. As most mineralized products this works into the skin and becomes more of a glow or shimmer with no glitter.
3. MAC woodwinked. Yet another MAC product. :) What can I say? MAC does some great products. I recently did a post about woodwinked so won't go on details. I love it because as I work into my crease it gives the appearance of two shadows. Perfect for when you're in a hurry.

That's about all I have been wearing in the last couple of months to get a bit of a glow and bronze but yet do it quickly. Craving pink at the moment though so going thru my makeup to find a pretty warm candy pink blush.

Hope you all have had an amazing week.







9 comments:

  1. You make me want to wear woodwinked again! I haven't really worn it since the summer, but I think I will whip it out again =)

    That mascara looks amazing! I am scared to try another MAC mascara because the ones I've tried in the past have been crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha a fellow blogger who loves woodwinked as much as I do! I wear it every.single.day! Warm Soul is not limited edition right? I might want to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have any of them but knowing that we have similar taste, I want them all!! Is Warm Soul still available or is one of those limited edition products MAC likes to tease us with?
    Good Luck with all your training. I can't even imagine running in a marathon.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah Warm Soul and Woodwinked, old favorites of mine. Won't work for me at this time of the year, I'm aftraid, but I do love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mac eyeshadow is so gorgeous! Definitely my type of colors (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your eyes, and lashes they are amazing. I might have to pick up that mascara but I'm still in love with my badgal. I've been eying woodwinked, and wish I could get my hands on Warm Soul. Its limited edition right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eyes look gorgeous with that shade on ;)
    I love your long lashes too. I cant' seem to find woodwinked,really love it XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Andrea and Funnyfacebeauty- Warm soul is still permenant but you never know with MAC. They just discontined a few of the cream blushes. Get it while you can. It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the blush and woodwinked looks lovely :)
    gorgeous post!! x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog