Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Current Product In and outs

I have a couple of recent product love/misses and thought an in and out is in order.

In:
1. MAC paints. I adore these! I love cream shadows because they are easy to apply, wear good on their own but also make powder shadow "pop". I don't read much about the MAC paints but these are truly exceptional. They offer a lot of color but never crinkle or crease. They last all day and are gorgeous on. My favourite of all time and one I would recommend for everyone to try is Stilife. This is a gorgeous champagne lilac color. It's very similar to Urban Decay sin but much better in consistency. It's more pigmented and I find that sometimes if I want to wear the UD on its own and I start packing on the color it crinkles a little. This does not. I try to recommend this to everyone in my life. It's a lighter version of my favourite eyeshadow MAC sable. Below is a swatch of Bamboom to the left and Stilife to the right. These are so creamy in texture but yet dry so nicely, are very pigmented and just gorgeous on.
2. Orange/Coral Blushes. I love Laura Mercier blushes and this specific one "Lush Nectarine" is just lush! This looks like a scary orange but on it applies so beautiful and it sheers out to a gorgeous coral. It warms up the cheeks nicely. One thing about Laura Mercier blushes is that they are so creamy in texture and they melt into the skin. They do not sit on top of the cheeks like some other blushes. Love them all but am really enjoying corals at the moment.
3. Origins Mega Mushroom serum. I have been exfoliating my skin a lot lately and my skin was in dire need of TLC. This is perfect to nourish the skin and reduce sensitivity. It's recommended for people with rosecea which I do not have but this feels like such a nice treatment after a good exfoliation. The top cap in the picture looks a bit gross (Sorry!) but that's the product. The color of this product is green. This is lovely.


Outs:
1. This is a big out! NARS discontinued their Mounia blush and I didn't get a chance to buy it! I have wanted Mounia for a long time but kept putting it off as I thought this is a product I could get anytime! This Christmas I asked for it but it was unavialble online. I thought it was sold out due to the holidays but NARS was in the process of discontinuing it. Sephora never carried this color and I have no NARS counters around me. Very disappointed that I will not get to try out this color but hopefully I'll find something similar in another brand.

What are your in and outs?

Hope you all are doing well.






16 comments:

  1. I so need to try out some Laura Mercier products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the MAC paints. I hadn't heard much about them so I didnt know if I should get one, but you have convinced me (doesn't take much). I also love orange/coral blushes. Its more orange but if you don't already have it, you need to try Taj Mahal by NARS.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ema -The face product are worth it.
    @ FunnyFaceBeauty-I want Taj Mahal so badly! I'm going to give in one of these days and buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of the cream shadows that you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I've never tried any of the MAC paints, but they seem like a product that is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for a new skin product and I'm going to be looking into this Origins item you reviewed,thanks :) Your right, that lilac champagne shade is gorgeous! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I really want to try Laura Mercier products out! I've seen so many raving reviews of their products floating about! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those paints look beautiful! I agree, Taj mahal is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The paints and the blush look amazing! I love that champagne colour too. Similar to Laura Mercier Eye shadows? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the orange/coral blushes too, it looks natural yet gives it that great glow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do let us know how Origins Mega Mushroom serum works for you.. Really contemplating getting it..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that blush looks gorgeous. I just started using some Laura Mercier products I also def want to try some origins products. You always seem to convince me to buy new products.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your skin care recommendations. Hope your having a good day XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you know an online store that ships Orgins internationally?

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Anonymous - I do not. Sorry. I would suggest looking on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog