Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 8, 2010

In and Outs Number 1

Hello lovelies,
I love reading in and outs so I decide to make a post about some of my recent ins and outs.
In:
1. Getting a hold of MAC Stereo Rose. I know I know...enough about stereo rose. There is a whole lot of talk about this MSF so of course it sold out online as soon as it came out. I ordered mine first thing tuesday morning after checking the webpage every 5 minutes like a frantic obsessed woman. Fingers crossed I'll get it within 5-7 business days.
2. Planning a vacation. I'm going on vacation next month somewhere in Florida preferable an island like the Keyes or Boca Grande (obviously I have to stay away from the gulf which makes me very sad). I'll make sure to posts pictures and expect a haul. Nothing like shopping on vacation...I have all the same stores here (well besides Illamasqua) but for some reason, I find shopping while on vacation to just be much sweeter.  Anyone else feels this way?
3. Dark hair. I have been a blonde for years now but recently decided to put some lowlights in my hair. Maybe it's because of my skintone but I find that as a brunette I can wear less make up or go without self tanner. It warms up the skin and I love it.
4. Running in the morning. I love to run or exercise in general. I have been running in the afternoons and recently switched to mornings. I love it. It starts the day at a great start. Rex (my puppy) runs with me, and he is such an amazing motivator. He loves to run and looks so happy doing it :)

Outs
1. Not being able to find that perfect foundation. I'm always on the hunt for the "perfect" foundation. I read some great reviews on NARS sheer glow and decided to try.I have oily combination skin and this did not work for me. It made my skin very shinny, and I also noticed breakouts while using this. I am so sad because I really wanted this foundation to work. I tried Sheer Matte and didnt' really like it that much either but at least it gave me no breakouts like the sheer glow. I'm sure Sheer Glow works great on a lot of people, but it just didn't work for my skin. Do you guys have any issues with your foundations? What are some of your favourite foundations?

What are your in and outs?
Hope you guys have had a lovely week xx

20 comments:

  1. I loved reading this, so interesting.
    You're right, shopping while on vacation is much more fun, even though the stores would be the same!

    Good luck for finding the perfect foundation. I haven't had any issues with foundations, because I don't use any. :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have super oily skin and it's hard for me to find foundation too for it that won't slide off my face within an hour of doing so. Here's what I found to work for me so far:

    Primer helps a ton because it creates a nice clean canvas between my skin and foundation and helps it last a little longer. I have been using Smashbox Photo Finish color corrector in green because I have a pink/red tint to my skin.

    As for foundation I have to mix and match it up- Revlon Mousse formula (SPF 20) works well and is under $15. It has the texture of a soft pudding almost but finishes really airy and light and gives amazing coverage without looking cakey and sliding off. On top of that, I either use Sonia Kashuk's Duel Foundation OR ELF's complexion perfection to set it and help keep it in place. Complexion Perfection also helps with maintaining a matte finish so that's another bonus for it.

    I have heard good things about Clinique's Almost Powder SPF 15, and also Boots makeup that they sell at Target which is a British line. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a total Estee Lauder double wear girl... It's quite heavy but lasts all day. i wear it in the winter but give it a break in the summer- a lighter foundation is better. Check out Estee's double wear range girly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no how disappointing that the sheer glow wasn't right for you. I haven't tried it so I can't comment on that. Have you tried Bobbi Brown? Their foundations are good and natural looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went to my local mac counter yesterday they had stereo rose, and jazzed in stock, people in newcastle do not know what they are missing! Hope you get stereo rose soon :)

    Adele x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree about shopping on vacation - even though it's usually the same stores, the selection varies and usually for the better :)

    I don't wear much foundation myself - just a tinted moisturizer and concealer..u should give it a shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently told my boyfriend that I wanted to go on vacation so I could go shopping! lol he thought I was nutso.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. About your #1, I can't wait to get my hands on the new MAC items for this collection, which comes out today! I still dont know if I am getting stereo rose, lets see! I'll post the things I get on my blog to share with you guys. Which by the way im a newbiee! So gooo follow, I love makeup too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh by the way, I live in Florida in the Miami area and you must go to South Beach- South point! Also, if you want to go shopping and are staying within this area and decide not to go to the Keys, come to Aventura Mall. It is huge and has all the makeup stores. I feel the same way about shopping eleswhere. I went to Puerto Rico last month and I couldn't stop going to the mall. I spent all my money on makeup though. jeje. Anyway, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you tried the Neutrogena Sheer glow? I've heard that it is similar to Nars but better in ways. I haven't tried it yet but it is on my list next.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Jonna - Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it
    @ Liloo - I have heard really good things about Armani's foundation. May have to give it a go
    @ David-I may have to pull my primer back out. I have been going without it in the last few days. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out
    @ Sophie P- I have a few friends that swear by that foundation. I love the fact that it last all day.
    @ Cafe Bellini -I haven't but I love Bobbie Brown line in general. Thank you so much for your suggestion.
    @ Adele - You lucky thing. I'm going to check out your blog and see if you have posted any swatches. xx
    @ Alexa P - I was using Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer for months...may have to try that again
    @ Fashion Meets Food - Your comment cracked me up. Totally been there
    @ Martha - Thank you so much for following. Will check out your blog. I went to Miami last year on vacation and loved it. Loved the shopping and south beach. I go to Florida at least twice a year. Still haven't decided where to go next month xx
    @ Taj Acosta - I love Neutrogena facial products. I haven't tried their sheer glow but their don't make me break out. If you get it, let me know how you get on with it.
    Thank you to all of your for all of your
    recommandations. You guys are the best. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. have a great vacation! looking forward to your future post about it. :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Mimi - Thank you. Will make sure to post a few pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks so much for following me...it means a lot.
    i got stereo rose today. i swore i wasn't going to give into the hype but then i tried it and it was so gorgeous.

    http://funnyfacebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ FunnyFace -I love your blog. Looking forward to reading your future posts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks.
    I have oily skin prone to break outs so I mix two foundations together most days (clinique acne solutions and guerlain aqua parure).
    I was just at sephora today trying out foundations for my mom. The sales girl recommended she try Makeup Forever HD and she has oily skin.
    BTW I was excited when I read you are from Tennessee. I was just in Nashville for the CMA fest and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shopping on vacation is always so much fun! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, hope you enjoy your vacation and get back feeling all energetic. Great blog you've got here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ Perfectly Unordinary - Thank you
    @ Agatha - Thank you so much and thanks for following. xx

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog