Total Pageviews

Monday, July 26, 2010

FOTD - Keeping make up at minimum

Hi beautiful followers,
It's very very hot here right now with temperatures as high as over 100 degrees and with this heat I don't want to put too much make up on. Here is what I have been wearing during this hot days:















1. MAC studio sculpt concealer in NC 30
2. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Medium Deep. I am in love head over hills with this product. This can be worn with a light hand for a soft light coverage, or can be build to provide full coverage and flawless skin. It's light on the skin. I red mixed reviews about this product on makeup alley with some people saying it broke them out. I have very sensitive skin and have worn this non stop and haven't had any issues with this product. This is not your typical powder that dries out your skin making all your blemishes more visible or sits on the fine lines making the skin look older and duller. This makes the skin look flawless but at the same time it's so natural, it looks like your skin but better. Love this product
3. MAC honey lust eyeshadow. This eyeshadow is perfect for summer time. I highly recommend this and have written about this before in earlier posts. It's the perfect honey/gold eyeshadow full of shimmer. It feels gritty when swatched because it's a luster but on this is the most unique and beautiful shadow ever. I love a shimmery lid on summer time and am always using products to get that glowy healthy summer look.
4. Covergirl lash blast mascara. The best drugstore mascara out there in my opinion and one of the best mascaras I have ever tried.
4. MAC Plink lipstick. This is a gorgeous light peach color. This is my favourite MAC lipstick, but MAC recently discountined this lipstick. I must have been the only person in the world that loved it so much. This is my minimal makeup look I have been wearing for the last few weeks.



















What makeup do you use on summer time that doesn't melt in heat?
Hope you had a lovely weekend.

36 comments:

  1. I just started using mineralize. I break out regardless, so havent noticed it being from the product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your summer make up look. It is so fresh and natural! I will have to try the MAC Skinfinish. I like minerals, but sometimes it just looks too chalky. This one sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Bombchell- I feel the same way
    @ Taybug - It's a really good product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hair is pretty,want to trade yours for my obnoxious curls? lol ^;^
    thanks for the stereo rose swatch I must be the only person who didn't buy this because I;m used to white-golden or pearl blushes and highlighters and I think this might be too dark on my pale skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ VenusinVirgo - I love curls. Thank you for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah ive been keeping my makeup to a very min as well the weather has been awful at times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Kellie - It's been very hot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your make up is so gorgeous and natural looking here, I really like it. Fortunately or unfortunately the weather is never too warm in Ireland for a full face of make up he he!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Dollface - Thank you and you're a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ansa, your gorgeous you dont need much makeup hun and i've heard good things about plink but never got round to swatching it at the counter i am sad that they have discontinued it :( great post ! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Adele - Thank you doll. I need to find a dupe for plink. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that really sucks that they discontinued that colour. have you checked at any of the cco's? i go to the mac warehouse sale in september, i will keep my out for it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ FunnyFaceBeauty-You're so sweet. I'll defently check the CCO. Thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post!

    www.the-blisslist.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the au natural look Ansa. I use 'You Rebel' by Benefit in the summer- a tinted moisturiser with SPF in it, loves it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use Physician's Formula tinted moisturizer, Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion mascara, and any of several lipsticks and I'm out the door! *Very* minimalist makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Jonesy - Thank you
    @ Sopie P - I actually have been thinking about trying You Rebel.
    @ beachbumbeauty13-Love that. I love a natural look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tend to stay away from mineral foundations and powders because my skin is always so dry, but it seems like a powder foundation makes the most sense in the summer, since it won't melt off your face and will also absorb perspiration and greasiness. I use tinted moisturizer, but it feels like my face is melting off the second I step outside haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely photos:)

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ansa, I'm very honestly saying this...you are looking very pretty, your natural look is so fresh.I love your outfit also...and yes thanks for comment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the fotd. It's so natural and beautiful! You're so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have beautiful skin, I wish I could avoid having to use so much foundation to deal with an oily nose lol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very natural yet gorgeous! when it's extremely hot i use my waterproof eye pencil and avoid wearing foundation x

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're so lucky MSF doesn't breakout on you. It was a hot mess for my skin. Gorgeous natural look :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Next time I go to MAC im going to look for that honey eyeshadow... i love colors like that. I am also using my MSF as well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love your simple and natural looking makeup! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. welll of course i melt in the heat, but i prefer it like that..... we had the most terrrible winter in BERLIN this year so i really appreciate the heat right now ;)


    http://katjushadawaiii.blogspot.com/



    .

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look naturally beautiful! I like the light complimentary make up you are wearing here.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  29. summer time is the best time to go natural! nothing like melting off in front of someone : ) the makeup you did looks GREAT!!!!


    Friday is my last day for JEWELRY GIVEAWAY!
    Good lukc!

    ReplyDelete
  30. pretty! love the summer natural look!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey!!! So I wanted to invite you to follow my blog. Where I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " This is how I promote all my followers. Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com to find out more!
    ♥ Elle

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks so pretty and natural, i love that powder too. x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the photos and how simple and clean the make up is !

    care to follow me back ?

    http://vintagepoppa.blogspot.com/

    alice h
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning! You look lovely with natural makeup! x

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh you look so pretty!!
    i love mineralize skinfinish natural as well, i set my foundation every day with it!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog