Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 1, 2010

June Favourites

Hi beautiful followers,
It's time for the June fave =) I can not believe June is over but am excited July is here. That means just one more  month before vacation and that's something to look forward to. I want to share with you some of my June favourites. There is a bit of make up, hair care, nail polish and a few other random things. Apologies for this being such a long post. =)
1. Starting with eyeshadow this is the palette I used for most of this month(from left to right we have MAC Mythology, Cranberry, Honey lust and Twinks). These colors are so vibrant, shimmery, and warm which makes them perfect for summer months. I don't like wearing any dark colors during summer months unless going out at night.


















2. The world has 1.8million mascaras and I have tried 1.79million of them. No, not really but that's what it feels like. I love mascara and have tried a bunch. MAC does not do the best mascara, but I really love and would recommend their Plush Lash mascara especially during the summer months because it gives fluttery full sexy lashes without any clumps. You have to know how to work this though as the brush is very different. You have to sort of zigzag it thru the lashes and be patient with it. The result is worth it. In my opinion this the most natural yet dramatic mascara on the market.


















3. I love pink especially during summer time so the lips have been pink all this month with a couple of exceptions. For a good part of June I have worn Shu Uemura PK 320M paired with MAC cremesheen glass in Fashion Scoop. I love Shu Uemura and am so sad that they are leaving the US. We'll only be able to purchase their products online. This lipstick is "playboy mansion" pink. It's super pink and it's not one you can just slap on. I have to tab this on and then use a gloss on top.


















4. My hair is colored and I use a bit of heat on it. Protecting it and making sure that it's in perfection condition is very important to me. To protect it against damage I use Moroccan Oil. This is not just a June fave. This is a holy grail hair product for me. It lives my hair manageable, soft and healthy without any of the bad chemicals that some other hair products have. I heart Moroccan Oil. I also use their shampoo and conditioners too.


















5. This isn't really a June favorite but more of a summer months favorite. During summer I love to wear OPI "Mod About You" nail polish. It's a baby pink with soft lilac undertone. This and Metro Chic are my favorite nail polishes of all time, and when a nail polish junkie picks favorite, that's really saying something. This polish isn't perfect though. It needs two coat and the first has to be very light; otherwise it streaks.



















6. The perfume of the month has been Juicy Couture "Viva La Juicy". The notes are: Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline. This translates to sweet, girly and very summery. Sweet smells aren't for everyone though but I love it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
7. Green Tea. I love green tea. It has several health benefits and I won't go on details about that now but here is one that I have been drinking a lot lately. It has a soft note of Jasmine in it and it's organic. It's delic.


















8. My favourite book so far this summer has been the latest Sophia Kinsella book in "20's girl" Very light and fun to read.


















These are my June favourites. What are yours? Have you tried any of these products?

39 comments:

  1. Cute Blog! I just subbed. I'm shocked that I don't own OPI Mod About You. I've got to get it now. Oh and MAC Plush Lash sounds nice I may have to give it a try.

    Xoxo,
    Christine
    http://pinksofoxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Pink So Foxy - I highly recommand "MOD About You" Thank you for following xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once saw MAC Cranberry used in a makeup video, and have been wanting it ever since. I just always stop myself, because they're so expensive. (As if plunking down $100+ on a hair straightener makes anymore sense?!) Anyway, love the faves! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your favorites! I love Sophie Kinsella and Green Tea too?! Are you my sister? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. does maroccan oil really work. I should try it out. My hair is very dry and damaged from all the heat I've been using...Btw thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! :)) That was so sweet! :) Feel free to keep coming back for more of my randomness. heheh

    Smiles and hugs!

    Vendella

    www.vendellablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the Sophie Kinsella novels as well, have read almost all of the Shopaholic novels, just one left! :-)
    Great favorites, I love your selection of eyeshadows and I love Plushlash mascara as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Mim Claire -hehe. I do the exact same thing xx
    @ Veflexra - lol. Glad you like xx
    @ Miss Vendella -It's amazing. It's the best thing I have ever bought for my hair and I have tried a whole lot of products
    @ Blusherine - I have too. Can't wait for her new Shopaholic novel. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mac plush lash does sound interesting!
    what other mascaras would you reccomend?
    (drugstore? :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the opi, juicy, and green tea. great post! never really think about this kinda stuff but i feel like it would be ... therapeutic for me. to slow down and actually think about it :) thanks for the inspo!

    <33 [v] hobovogue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a blog award. You can see it on my blog, imaginable21.blogspot.com :)

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Olenka -I would say Covergirl Lash Blast is the best drug store mascara
    @ V - You're welcome. Thank you for commenting
    @ Gina - Thank you so much. Will check out soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love MAC shadows!

    You have a really cool blog! I just subbed. If you get a chance, check out my blog please :-)

    http://stylebeautylifenetwork.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am currently reading twenties girl. :D

    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Mimi -It's a lovely book. I'm sad to say I have now read all of Sophia Kinsella's books and patiently waiting her new one xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that lipstick, and I so want to try Morrocan oil so bad.

    P.S. You've been tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to try that Plush Lash mascara ! :) great post by the way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Ansa,
    Thanks for stopping by at my blog,hope you enjoyed it enough to visit again :). Your June favorites look a lot like mine(had I bothered making a june favorites!). I love moroccan oil and Im so glad it's accessible now. I used to have to wait for friends to bring me some from morocco! Do you use yours as a leave in or pre shampoo treatment?

    Have a lovely day!
    http://beautykatablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Almost Famous - I highly recommand
    @ Kat - I have never used it as a pre shampoo treatment. I leave it in after I wash my hair and it keeps it very soft. I suppose you could use it as a pre-treatment as well but I use an Aveda product as a pretreatment or for a masque once a week Hope this helps xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for subscribing!I'm following you as well :)

    I use it as a leave in too. My ends are fried but I refuse to trim them just yet! I also use it to moisturize my face over night when it's feeling a bit dry or flakey or on eczema patches to keep them moisturized(and it doesn't sting!). If you try it as skin moisturizer I'd love to know what you think!

    http://beautykatablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome favourites! I haven't tried any of these products though.. The mascara looks nice, I love big mascara brushes.. It gets time to get used to using them but they're great! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ Kat-I'll try it and will let you know. Thank you for following =)
    @ Jonna - Aren't big brushes the best? One of my favorites Diorshow is a nice big brush. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love moroccan oil and viva la juicy! You seem to have wonderful taste, that shu uemura lipstick/mac gloss combo looks gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ Ariel - Thank you so much. That's a very nice compliment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. OPI nail polish is absolutely my favorite. I wish i had a wardrobe full of OPI-nailpolish ;D

    greetz from Berlin

    http://katjushadawaiii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohhh loving the pinkglosss and ofcourse the nailpolish!

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ Katjusha 23 years old - I love OPI too
    @ Fashionstoned - Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your favs! I am all out of morrocan oil I have to get some asap lol.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. @ Fashion Meets Food - Glad you like. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I also love your favorites! :) I really like Mod about you! Nice polish.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. @ Starberry Sugar - thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE that lip combo and cranberry eyeshadow! LOL i feel like i've tried a million mascaras too... I will look into plush lash :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  32. @ May - Thank you sweetie. I hope you love plush lash as much as I do =)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE Viva La Juicy! :) And you have me really wanting to try Plush Lash now- I've heard good things about it. Thanks for following, too. I'm following you back of course!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have never gotten my hands on a Shu Uemura product and I wish I've had. I never came across it anywhere although, I know that Sephora sells them but I guess not all Sephora stores carry the same brands.

    ReplyDelete
  35. @ In Her Makeup Bag - Thank you for following.
    @ Martha - Some Sephora stores sell brands that others dont but you can still get Shu at Sephora online. xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Viva LA Juicy = all time fav <3 <3 i LOVE that scent ( : it`s amazing LOL

    ReplyDelete
  37. In Italy we are waiting for I love mini shopping, ahahah! :D

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog