Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sugarloaf Mountain Maine Marathon - My experience

After arriving in Maine Saturday the 17th we drove that evening to the Sugarloaf Mountains to run the marathon Sunday the 18th. We stayed at the Sugarloaf ski resort. I absolutely love how the ski resort looks at night. Makes me think of a castle. It's absolutely dreamy.
I was pleasantly surprised to see snow in the slopes at the end of May. It was so beautiful.
The race was very well organized and the surroundings were beautiful. It was gorgeous to see trees and river along the way. I finished it in 4 hours and 01 min and was very happy with my time. Loads of the race is downhill so that felt amazing. Of course several miles are uphill. Mile 5-10 are uphill. Here is the finish line. I was very happy to see it and my husband finished it with me. 


The drive back from Sugarloaf to Portland was beautiful and we stopped along the way and took pictures. 

When we got back to Portland we ate at Gilbert's Chowder House. This is my post marathon picture enjoying dinner. 


I had such an amazing experience visiting western Maine and running this race. I can't wait to do it again next year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog