Total Pageviews

Monday, December 6, 2010

November faves

Hello lovelies,
November is over already...I say this every month but this month truly flew by. :) Here are some products I have loved using this month:

1. Starting with face, I've absolutely loved Laura Mercier mineral powder in Real Sand. I love the feel of this powder. It feels much  more luxurious than Bare Minerals. Like any powder, you can get sheer, medium or full coverage depending on how much you want to put on. One of the things I love most about this, is that I do not have to retouch during the day. On me, it lasts all day much like a foundation would. I use Sephora Professionals Mineral Powder brush to apply this powder which is also one of my favorites.
2. Sephora Mineral powder brush. This brush is great for mineral powder. It works similar to a kabuki brush in that it holds product in and distributes it evenly and can really pack it on if you're having a bad skin day. Also per sephora's website, this brush's bristles have undergone a hypoallergenic, nontoxic, antibacterial treatment that helps to keep skin healthy and suits all skin types, even the most sensitive. Both of these are like a cocktail of goodness for my skin. My skin loves them.
2. I love eyeshadow and love to play up the eyes. I'm a very much nude lip kind of girl so the eyes are the feature I love to play up on myself. When I apply others makeup, it's a whole different story.
This month I have used a lot of the NARS Modern love palette. I love this palette. You can create so many different looks using this palette.
On top from left to right there is Alhambra a gorgeous shimmery peach, Jezebel a gorgeous cranberry color (perfect for the holidays) and India song which is a beautiful khaki brown/green.
On the bottom is Tokyo which is a white with a lilac undertone (camera does not pick up the lilac), Habanera which is a gorgeous purple with tons of silver shimmer (this does not have fall out like some of NARS shadows do) and Pandora which is a classic matte black.

3. My favourite lipstick and one that I have worn the most this month is a discontinued MAC lipstick (MAC and their limited editions...GRRR) but one that I love so much. The color is "Style it up" from the Barbie collection. It's a soft nude and a mixture of pink, gold and coral much similar to NARS orgasm gloss. This is perfect for those days when you want to focus on your eyes and you want a soft lip. The colors that have a little bit of gold in them, really soften your lips but also give a gorgeous shine much like gold jewelry does.



These are the products I have loved the most the month of November. What have you enjoyed this month?

I hope you all have had a lovely week.


13 comments:

  1. That Nars palette looks so pretty! I have no idea why, I never use mine :( I have Pleasures of Paris and the very inspiredly named 9947 one, and I harldy ever touch them. Modern Loves suddently looks morea appealing but I'm pretty sure I can make the ones I have work as well :-s

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lipstick looks gorgeous *sulks because LE*
    nars palette yes please!

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That palette is gorgeous! The colors are so rich, thanks for swatching :) I never tried that LM product before but it sounds like a good bet. Nice items you reviewed XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love NARS palettes, and this one looks amazing =) I wish there wasn't so much chunky glitter in some of them, but Habanera looks promising =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great favourites. That NARS palette looks amazing. I am assuming it was limited edition? I also love the look of that brush. Is it synthetic or real hairs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ FunnyFaceBeauty- Synthetic. It's amazing for powder. I highly recommand. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That nars palette looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous products, must get me some. That lippy is divine! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Nars! I have the Pleasures of Paris palette and it's so versatile. Also, that brush looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to get my LM minral foundation next year :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you got your Sephora card, enjoy XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Sephora Mineral powder brush.. I use it for blush.. Works so well..

    I really wanna try laura mercier's mineral powder foundation.. Heard sooo many great things about it.. I've got bareminerals but I find that it can look a little cakey sometimes.. You don't get that problem with the LM mineral powder do u?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog