Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jazzing up natural eyes

I love a natural eye especially for an every day office look but sometimes crave a little bit of color. For those days, when I want a natural eye makeup, with an understated amount of color, I always turn to gel eyeliner. One of my all time favorite eyeshadow combinations is MAC retrospeck all over the lid with sable in the outer V. Here is a swatch of retrospeck and sable. If you have green or blue eyes, give retrospeck a go. When you first swatch it, it looks very chunky because it is a luster but on it's absolutely beautiful. It is such a pretty soft golden color. It opens up the eye and gives that wide wake look to the face. You won't regret it. It's gorgeous.
To get the colors to "pop" I have been using Benefits "skinny jeans" as a base. This works brilliant as a base. The shadows do not crease, and it makes them look very vibrant. I plan to get a few more of these because I'm utterly impressed with the couple that I have.
And lastly to give this natural look a pop of color, I have been using MAC fluideline in Waveline. This is such a beautiful royal blue. I use several eyeliner brushes, but 210 works best for this because it gives a very thin line and I only want a little bit of color and nothing dramatic.


What do you use to get a little bit of color to a natural look?
Hope you all have had a great week.

16 comments:

  1. wow...I love these shades...best for natural look..hey Ansa please give a look of these shades on your eyes...I'll love to see them on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colors!! i would love to see them on you =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good choice of colours, love them all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shades, you should post a picture of your eye with this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty. i love that royal blue shade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Benefit has the best products! I always hear people raving about that product, I have to check it out next time :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice choices! That fluidline reminds me of Wet n Wild's gel liner in eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These days I am too lazy to use gel eyeliners! only pencil ones... that I don't have to sharpen. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a nice taste in makeup! Love all the products )))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone needs to own a few natural palettes,it's a must! That MAC palette must have passed right by me because it's not in my collection but it's really pretty. I never thought to use a shade like Skinny jeans as a base, very creative ;)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks girls for all of your comments.
    @ Cosmetics Aficionado - I need to check that color out. I recently watched a youtube vid that used egplant and made a mental note to get it.
    @ Venus in Virgo - Hey sweetie. I made that palette. One of my many palettes. I hope you like Skinny Jeans as a base. It's gorgeous on. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great way to add a pop of color!:D


    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colours hun, Retrospeck is now on my wish list!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed it, i was busy cooking last night,boo!
    Is it an extended sale? thanks for your lovely comments and hope you had a great weekend too XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I really like the eyeshadow in the first picture!

    http://style-in-sight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog