Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

MAC Venomous Villains "She who dares" eyeshadow and French Quarter greasepaint stick

I'm in love with these mineralized eyeshadows. I really thought "bite of an apple" was the star of this collection, and I still love that blush but the Venomous Villains mineralized eyeshadows have gotten a lot of use from me since I have gotten them. I already blogged about "My dark magic" mineralized eyeshadow but I love "She who dares" as much.
Picture of "Who she dares" mineralized eyeshadow. 

 Swatch

This has a blue black and a yellow/green black. I haven't tried mixing them together yet. I have used these to create a smokey look. On the eyes, this looks mostly black but you can still the undertone and the shimmer. I have experienced no fall out with these shadows, but this may be the base I'm using. I tried this on today with the the new "French Quarter" greasepaint stick also from the Venomous Villains collection and it really intensified the color. It made it stay put all day. The greasepaint sticks are designed to be long wearing and water resistant. Next time you're at MAC swatch one of these and try to get it off your hand. It won't come off easy. French Quarter is a black green with tons of shimmer running thru it. I wasn't able to get the multi faced shimmer though in this swatch. Sorry the camera just wouldn't pick them up.
Swatch of French Quarter


The mineralized eyeshadows on top of french quarter look amazing. Any dark base will intensify the color of any of the shadows you use. I love dark bases. How gorgeous is that?


Were you able to get this shadow. Do you like or dislike mineralized eyeshadows?


14 comments:

  1. I love mineralize eyeshadows! But I decided to be brave and pass on these (which I'll probably regret, but well...) because I have a lot already, including the 4 from Style Black last year that I don't use that often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. Yes, you have to use a cream base like the greasepaint stick underneath, otherwise the eyeshadow's just a dirty blah colour and they all look pretty much the same haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate it very much, at least I know from it someone is reading the contents I have here.
    natural eyeshadows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look gorgeous but so not a colour I would pruchase. Haven't been wowed by any of them on the website yet. May need to see them in person.

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. the eyeshadow is so pretty !! i wouldn't know how to use the green/yellow though >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed out on this collection but that shadow looks amazing. I am not a huge fan of mineralized shadows at all. I have one mac one and I don't plan on buying more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the mineralized eyeshadow! soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay...i swatched these color while I was at the MAC store and after 10 minutes all the glitter was gone...i was unhappy with that so i decided not to get it. Have you worn the colors yet? does the glitter stay bright with eye primer?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love them over the greasepaint stick. Any chance of seeing an EOTD with those shadows?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been using mineralized eyeshadow over the past year and I love it. Those colors are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Hershley's Sweet Kiss - You'll see the shimmer/glitter more under a greasepaint stick or a dark base like MAC's Blackground paint pot, but not much really. These always swatch way better than they look on.
    @ FunnyFaceBeauty-Will def do one soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still so jealous you have this ^;^ Darn! They sell out so fast,like you blink you lose! LOL! Thanks for swatching XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm generally not a fan of MES but these are particularly awesome. The pigmentation is great when used wet.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog