Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

MAC Peacocky haul

If I had to pick one makeup items that excites me the most it has to be eyeshadow. I can go without foundation, or blush and even lipstick but I love love love to play up my eyes. So MAC's peacocky collection which had 15 different eyeshadows, had me really excited.  I really loved this collection. I didn't buy any of the lip products although they looked amazing. The eyeshadows in this collection are absolutely stunning. They have a metallic shine but they are not majorly frosty. The texture of these is like butter, even softer than the starflash eyeshadows. I loved every one of the eyeshadows that I swatched and below are some of my favourites from this collection:
1. Unflappable. This is a gorgeous black/purple color much similar to MAC smut pro eyeshadow which is a gray black/red color. If you have a yellow undertone complexion like I do, you may have noticed how some grays or even blacks turn bluish color on you. Smut or Unflappable are perfect for anyone who has that issue because of the red or warm undertone that keeps it from going too blue. I love this shadow.

2. Center stage. This has to be my favorite eyeshadow at the moment. It's a beautiful burgundy red color that really makes green eyes "pop". This is absolutely stunning on top of MAC vintage selection paint pot.

3. Paparazz-she is a golden copper color. This is the perfect color for blue eyes and it'll look gorgeous with a tan. I love these type of colors for spring and summer.

Did you get anything from this collection?


15 comments:

  1. I saw them today actually, i like some colours i may purchase the brown one, but i didn't find them as spectacular as they claimed, almost creamy finnish ...:S Should i get one ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohh paparazz please! i am on a no spending thing at the mo with moving house..see how long that lasts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get anything and don't plan getting anything (you know, low buy, too much makeup, yadda, yadda, yadda...). But I admit these are very pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get anything, because although I do love eyeshadow I am not crazy enough about it to finish these extra large ones! The colors you picked up are beautiful though and so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh cant believe i haven't picked any up yet. Unflappable is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ EllysMakeupbag-I love eyeshadow so I had to pick a few of these up but honestly no-save your money. They are great but the texture of these is highly dupable. Urban Decay comes to mind. UD metallics are amazing. Way softer and way more pigmented. These are not a must have in my opinion. Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought Prance and Sex-pectations. The colors are amazinggg ! and I'm probably gonna go back to the store soon and pick

    good post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous papparazz! I was actually look at this collection over the weekend and couldn't decide on something in this set or Wonder Woman so i got nothing. I might go back for the paparazz though,it's lovely and thanks for swatching it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so in love with unflappable. I am for sure going to check if my MAC still has it. Its sooo pretty.
    If you haven't already have a chance to check it out, I have a makeup competition going on right now with 3 great prizes to be won:
    http://www.funnyfacebeauty.com/2011/02/funnyface-beautys-red-carpet-makeup.html
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  10. The 3d color it's so beautiful!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the first I've heard of the collection! I ought to check it out at mac later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't bought anything yet but i'm planning to!!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colors! I also got Unflappable and Centre Stage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still can't make up my mind if I should buy this or something from WW just to see how wrong I was in assuming it looked tacky. I think MAC is also cruelty free. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog