Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

Bedazzling MAC woodwinked and other finds from Laura Mercier

Hello lovelies,
I recently had the chance to speak with a makeup artist from Laura Mercier and influenced by her suggestions, I came home with a couple of items that I absolutely love. I have had this for a few weeks now but wanted to try them out before doing a review, and I'm pleased to say I love them both. The first item I got was the Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour in Gold. As soon as I sow this I thought paired with MAC woodwinked it would be "a marriage made in heaven" and I do love them together.
Swatch of Gold by Laura Mercier

Swatch of Laura Mercier creme color with woodwinked on top. Doesn't this make a gorgeous gold color?
I also got Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Real sand. One of my beautiful followers Marisa and whom I follow also http://anne-marie-bardot.blogspot.com/ asked to see a swatch of this. I prefer this to the Bare Minerals mineral powder. It is very light on the skin but it provides good coverage. This does not provide the coverage of a foundation but if your skin is good and you do not need that coverage, this would work. If you have oily skin, just a word of warning, this has a bit of a shine to it. It initially applies matte, but in an hour, you can see the shimmer. I love it though, and I have normal/combination skin.

I'm very tempted to check out Laura Mercier blushes because I don't own any of them. I'm very tempted by the color "Lotus" especially. It's a gorgeous pink.

Do you use Laura Mercier?

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.



13 comments:

  1. Hey Ansa, I have the Laura Mercier Creme Eyecolurs in Burnished Copper and Platinum and I love them! I just done an FOTD on my sister using them if you want to checkout my blog? Really nice to work with, Gold looks gorgeous too! x

    http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU so much for the review and swatch! I'm definitely going to buy that shade, I have some pink undertones and it will make my skin color more neutral (: I have oily skin, but I love foundations with a dewy finish, the Laura Mercier mineral powder it's definitely on my wishing list (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder for a while! Now I'm def. going to get it and Laura Mercier Gold creme color does make woodwinked look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ansa, i am really interested in the Laura Mercier mineral powder now.

    http://lolamarie02.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great you got to speak with a pro and those gold eye shades are gorgeous! Thanks for the swatches XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive never bought any Laura Mercier before but the cream shadow looks gorgeous. Do they have a lot of different colours?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ FunnyFaceBeauty - They do. I am def getting a few more. They are gorgeous and the staying power is amazing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The laura mercier cream looks gorgeous!
    loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Laura Mercier cream looks great! I have normal/combination skin,too actually. I love these colors:)
    http://pelininstyleenglish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that color. Great blog! Followed

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, I need to get that! Woodwinked is my favorite eyeshadow color (ever) and this just makes it look amazing! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog