Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

My favorite MAC holiday palette

So I recently trotted along to check the new MAC holiday collection and major disappointment is how I felt about it, which is exactly how I felt about last year's collection. I didn't buy a think from their holiday collection. I know this must be how a lot of people feel because I always find a lot of MAC holiday kits at the CCO. MAC need to step up their game next Christmas...please. =)
There is one MAC holiday palette though that I absolutely love and it was from a couple of Christmas ago. I normally try not to post anything about limited edition items (because what's the point of review something if you guys can't get it) but this palette has a lot of permanent eyeshadow and I will try to post a dupe for each limited edition shadow. I think everyone needs a palette similar to this. You can buy the shadows in pan form, and the small palette on the mac website and create a palette similar to this (minus the very goddy packaging)
What I love the most about this palette is that it has a lot of natural shadows and a good mixture of matte and shimmery colors. It can be easily used to transform your look from day to night. It's perfect for both a daytime and nighttime smokey eye because it has three brownish colors to create a soft smokey daytime look and three gray/black shadows to create a nighttime smokey eye.
The three brown colors are:
  • Scant (LE) Scant is your average skintone color, and can be duped by Brule, Bisque or kid depending on your skin tone. Kid will be for the darker skintones. This is your average all over the lid color.
  • Satin Taupe (permanent) This is perfect on the crease or all over the lid. It is a very shimmery taupe color.
  • Dark Devotion (LE) but any dark matte brown will do. Charcoal Brown and Embark are great but MAC do a lot of brown matte colors.
The three gray and black colors are:
  • Gorgeous (LE) which is a light silvery gray. Electra would be a good dupe.
  • Ambiance (LE) is a bit of darker gray with silver sparkles. Silver Ring would be a good dupe.
  • Carbon which is a dark matte black (permanent) Everyone should own carbon in my opinion, as you should have a little black dress in your wardrobe.
 Here are some pictures of this palette. This is one of the palettes that always travels with me. =)

Hopefully MAC will do another "holy grail" palette next Christmas. What do you guys think about MAC's holiday collection?

Hope you all have a lovely day. 

12 comments:

  1. Great palette, great colors, I don't own it, but I have all the permanent colors form it. I feel the same way about MAC's holiday collection this year, probably beacuse I have too much makeup already )) Although, the "Smoke and Mirrors" palette from last year was nice. It's pretty similar to the one you're reviewing, but it doesn't have a black color in it. I have a picture of it here
    http://alisaguk.blogspot.com/2010/08/most-wornfavorite-things.html
    Great post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why! It has such neutral colors and also colors to take any day time look to a night time look. I have satin taupe and love love love it! I wish I got this palette..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so pretty!!Hope they 'll do again a holiday palette like this!Love when e/s are in a handy package!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own this palette and its almost gone =( Every color in this palette is wearable, there's just many things that can be done with these colors. I have a question though, the color Dark Devotion which is the matte dk brown (use it on my brows) I'm almost done with it. Can any one help me in what color I can use to replace this from mac's permanent collection? I bought charcoal brown and it was not it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review :) I don't have this particular palette but I could see why it always travels with your, the colors are classic and pretty.Great shades for the day and great to give you a more dramatic smokey eye for the night time. I love the ambiance and gorgeous shades the best. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was a makeup feen back then :| I would of loved to have that palette. I know shades are permanent but palettes are so much easier to travel with

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! I absolutely love this palette beyond gorgeous.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just started a make up course and need to begin collecting it to start work! Would love it if you could point me in the direction of some bargains! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous palette. I have seen it at a couple of warehouse sales and hope it is there for the next one so I can buy it.
    Thanks for reminding me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this palette! I got it for my bday about 2 years ago .. and I loved it!! Such great colors that go well with everything, and the casing is so nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this palette too but I always just use Satin Taupe, what a shame!! *Makementalnotetomyself*: Use all the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hayhay!
    How are you? Your blog is great and I love your make-up! I'm glad that I've visited yours.

    Please, check mine, & maybe we can follow eachother? + join my giveaway!

    Thanks and love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog