Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Le Metier De Beaute Corinthian versus MAC Satin Taupe

Le Metier De Beaute Corinthian is a stunning taupe color with a purple/silver undertone. I'm a taupe lover as I'm sure lots of you are. Taupe goes well on a wide range of skin tones which explains why load of people love Taupe eyeshadows so much. I was told by a Nordstrom sales associate that Corinthian is being discontinued so I thought to do a quick comparison with the Queen Bee of Taupes which for me is MAC Satin Taupe.

Corinthian to the left and Satin Taupe is to the right. 

Corinthian is a lot more vibrant and it has a lot more silver than Satin Taupe. It's just a stunning unique color and it has so much dimension that it shows different depending how the light hits the lid. However, Satin Taupe is amazing too and since Corinthian is hard to find and pretty expensive for an eyeshadow, Satin Taupe is still my favourite taupe color.

Are you a taupe lover and if so what's your fave taupe color?
Lots of love
Ansa

7 comments:

  1. they are both so gorgeous! I love the taupe in my NARS kalahari palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big taupe lover. I haven't purchased any products from La Metier de Beaute but I remember swatching their eyeshadows. They are so pigmented and pretty albeit the price is rather high. Thanks for the comparison swatches. Corithian has more of an oomph compared to Satin Taupe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours, wow :)))

    LOVE
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to try that shade because satin taupe looks bad on me! I will see if i can order it online someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Satin Taupe remains my favorite, it's definitely a staple for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely a Taupe lover and I think Corinthian is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your killing me! You know I love my taupes. They are both stunning and beautiful! I don't own anything from that line, will look into it. Hey, now you can get your beauty,skincare or fashion questions answered by pro's, just ask on the blog and have a great weekend Ansa XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog