Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A whole lot of pinks....

These are some pinks in my collection that I turn to when I want what I call "a grown up pink". These are lovely pink but a little less "bubble gum" and more sophisticated which makes them perfect for a day at the office or a school day.
Left to right MAC melt in your mouth creamsheen glass, NARS nepal shadow, MAC posey cream blush and MAC pink swan.


1. Eyeshadow is the lovely NARS Nepal. This is a difficult color to explain because it is pink but it has sort of a champagne undertone. It's lovely on and out of all the NARS shadows that I have I use this the most.
2. I picked two blushes one cream and one powder. The cream blush is MAC Posey which is a gorgeous darker pink. This is the old formulation. MAC discontinued these and released some new ones in March. I love posey. A little goes a long way and it instantly warms up the face and gives that look of overall good health and gorgeousness. The powder blush is pink swan which is probably the most vibrant pink in this collection. It could be a borderline "bubble gum" pink but most of the time I layer this on top of Posey. It's a lovely color.
3. As lip color, I have picked MAC creamsheen glass in "melt in your mouth". It's a beautiful watermelon pink. Another one of those "darker pinks" that gives your face life instead of draining the color of your face.


What are some of your favorite "grown up" pinks?
Hope you all are having a great day.

10 comments:

  1. I really need to try Nepal eyeshadow. Great post! xo
    http://www.themilkandtea.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE pink and definitely need to get my hands on that cremesheen...I hope they still carry it!
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors are beautiful! My favorite grown up one is Dollymix by mac. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look lovely!
    I did overdose on pink a few years ago (actually I just purged my wardrobe and got rid of a tone of pink clothes from back then, at that time I was platinum blonde and my colleagues were calling me Elle Woods...) but I'm slowly re-introducing it when I find the right pink for my skin and hair color. Illamasqua Promise is my favorite pink blush. Nars Nepal looks great, I'll need to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these all look gorgeous, love the pink blushers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Your thinking pink :)
    I became obsessed with pink eye shadows. My fave pink blushes are from Smashbox because they are super sheer and natural. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love pinks! These are some absolutely gorgeous ones

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. I like well dressed because it's very subtle, but still gives a nice pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is so pretty! I love pinks :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog