Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 27, 2010

MAC To The Beach Collection

Hi everyone,
MAC to the beach collection came out online on Tuesday and a few items sold the same day the collection came out. The highlight "Marine Life" sold out immediately. The collection came out on the stores today and I purchased a few items. I also made a separate online order and will post that later once I receive it. I went a bit overboard on this collection but I must say, I love the beach, so I can't help but fall for these marketing tactics. The collection's package is green or orange with shells, starfish or corals on it.

Here is what I got at the store today:
1. Marine life highlight. This is gorgeous. I can not believe I was able to find this at my local MAC store today. It is half light pink, half dark pink and has a touch of gold on top. The gold on top is just a spray though and will come off once you rub your brush on it. I almost do not want to touch it. This will be used as a blush as I have a fair complexion right now and could not pull this as a highlighter. It has a seahorse on it. The child in me gets giddy every time I look at it. It's so so pretty. On the skin it comes off as this soft pink/coral type of color. Gorgeous!!! Very glad to have this in my possession.
2. MAC hipness blush. This is just a typical pink. This came out with the Faffi collection but I did not have it. It's another one of the soft pinky coral blushes that work well with my complexion.
3. Lipstick in Lazy Day. This is a soft blue pink. This is a lustre finish which means it gives shine and it is not too pigmented so you can sheer it out. This is everything I wanted MAC Viva Glam Gaga to be. It's much softer and easier to wear than Viva Glam Gaga.
4. Lipgloss in Easy Lounger. This is pink shimmer in a tube. It comes off a bit sheer but it goes really well with Lazy Day.
Below are some pictures of these items. I will do some looks, reviews and swatches later on. What did you think of this collection? Was it all hype or did you love it?


2 comments:

  1. the lipstick sounds nice :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very pretty. Too bad my lighting here does not allow the true pink color to show.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog