Total Pageviews

Monday, May 31, 2010

16 miles and going......

Hi everyone,
So I wanted to post something that has nothing to do with make up for a change. I recently ran 1/2 marathon in April and that was so much fun I decided to run the full marathon next year. I'm training hard to prepare for it. Usually my long 13+ mile runs are on the weekend since I work during the week. Yesterday against my better judgment, I lifted weights which I hadn't done in ages, and I woke up this morning with a couple of sore muscles. I was off work today and had set my mind on running 16 miles. I never thought I was going to be able to run 16 miles with the sore painful muscles though. However, I set my mind on it, thought positive and kept going. What stays with me during challenging times is one of my favourite quotes from Henry Ford "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, either way, you're right." I love that quote. The moral of this story? Think you can and you can make anything happen....
Good luck on any endeavour you are challenging yourself with today.
Have a lovely week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog