Sunday, May 23, 2010
What's in my make up bag?
As many of you know, I run/work out all the time. I'm always training for a race whether it's a 5k or a marathon. I mostly work out in the morning or during my lunch hour so I have to reply my make up at the gym. Hence the need to carry all this make up in my make up bag. The make up in this bag changes weekly(***guilty face***), but what can I say? I love make up. This is what I had on my make up bag this week.
1. MAC studio finish concealer in SPF 35
2. NARS sheer matte foundation (I think I prefer this to the sheer glow one but I have combination skin and it tends to get oily on summer time). This foundation is amazing. It matches my skin perfectly (no face/neck syndrome) and I really do believe it has helped my skin complexion. I'll do a separate post on this once I have had it for a while.
3. MAC Omega and a random brush from Sephora. I use this for my eyebrows. I don't really like painted on eyebrows. If done wrong, eyebrows can really age people. If you are blond, try Omega for your eyebrows. It gives a very pretty ashy/soft look.
4. MAC Saint Germain. This is a Barbie pink lipstick. I love this color but it's hard to wear so I pair this with Clinique Luau which is a very soft pinky/peach with gold running thru it. It evens out the blue in Saint Germain. I always prime my lips with some sort of chapstick or lip butter and at the time is The Body Shop shea lip butter.
5. MAC Bare Study paint pot. This is a shimmery champagne kind of color.
6. NARS Cairo and NARS Fez. I got Cairo in a recent haul. Cairo is a color you can wear all over the lid with nothing else on. It makes my life simple. It's hard to explain this color but Sephora describes it as a champagne color. It goes well with Bare Study. Fez is a shimmery chocolate. Very rich and very pigmented.
7. Blush of the moment is Bare Minerals cheerful. This is a baby pink. It has no shimmer on it, and I prefer to keep a matte face when wearing shimmery eyeshadows. It prevents my face from being all disco ball looking (although at times, I don't mind that either)
8. Brushes. Foundation/blush brush is from Sonja Kashuk and so is the flat brush that I use to apply eyeshadows all over my lid. The blending brush is from MAC (it's MAC 224)
Below are some swatches of these colors (from L-R, Bare Minerals Cheerful blush, Saint Germain on it's own, Saint Germain and Clinique Luau, MAC bare study, MAC bare study and Ciaro, Fez)
Hope you all had a lovely weekend.