Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Favourite May Products

Hi everyone,
I wanted to do a post about some of the things I have worn the most during April/May. It has been warm and rainy here these past two months so my make up (on most days) has been all about keeping it simple which means a bit of tinted moisturizer (paired with tons of concealer), a warm natural eyeshadow, lots of mascara and a bit of gloss.

Here are some of the things I loved using in the month of April and May:
1. My hair has been colored several times and although I only get the roots done now, it is a blond and coloring can be very harsh on your hair. I bought Aveda dry remedy in April and used it as a mask at first. This left my hair soft and shiny, tangle free and it just felt in overall good health. I spend 10 days at the beach spending long hours laying out. Usually even though I use the Fekkai Summer hair spray with SPF at the beach, it still takes a toll on my hair. This time my hair felt so soft and shiny and it was all due to Aveda dry remedy. It has buriti oil in it which has high amounts of vitamin A. It literally transforms your hair. This is perfect in making the hair soft and frizz free on these hot summer days.


 3. Smashbox in Pout. If you are a pink gloss kind of girl, you need this in your life. It's a light blue pink/warm lilac type of color. This is very pigmented but you can sheer it out. I used this during summer on it's own. It gives that perfect pop of color that lifts up the face. This is not sticky at all which translates into zero lasting power. That's a downside, but sticky lip glosses are hard to deal with on a hot summer day.

4.Korres lip butter in Jasmine. I love this. It's that perfect beige/nude color. It goes on quiet sheer but it's really moisturizing and it smells divine. It smells of caramel. Excuse how messy this looks but it comes in a small tub type of container and that's a downside for me as it gets pretty messy. I love it though and will continue purchasing this as long as Korres make it.

5. Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash. If you want to add drama to your lashes, than you need this mascara. It's the best. The downside is the price so I try not to repurchase this too often.

6. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with spf 20. I got the oil free version of this as my face is combination/oily. This is by far the best tinted moisturizer I have ever tried in terms of providing an amazing coverage but yet having that fresh/glowy healthy look you get when wearing a tinted moisturizer. This is perfect for summer when you don't feel like slapping on foundation and still want a bit of a coverage.
7. A natural warm eyeshadow. During summer I don't want to make my eyes all that dramatic so I love wearing a simple/soft eyeshadow all over the lid. For this post I have picked an eyeshadow I have worn the most during this month which is Lorac in Serenity (It's broken so that's why it looks a bit messy but a swatch is coming up) It's a peachy/gold eyeshadow but any natural type of eyeshadow will do. This has a lot of shimmer on it so it really brightens your eyes. I love it.


 Below are some swatches of some of these product from left to right we have Korres Jasmine lip butter (can hardly see it, Smashbox Pout and Lorac Serenity)


What are some of the products you have loved wearing in May?

6 comments:

  1. I love Laura Mercier products. I do need to try that Aveda dry remedy. My hair is extremely dry. I'm always torn which mascara to get at Sephora..I lean towards Dior Show since the brush is thicker great for people who have no lashes like me ahahaha. Great post! Might try the lipgloss too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dior Show is one of the best. Try out Makeup forever though. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister has that Lorac shadow and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kelsey-It's a great shadow, isn't it? It's perfect all over the lid for those lazy days. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. smashbox makes surprisingly good lippies.

    Ansa, do you have any suggestions for nude lipstick or glosses?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Lena Cleff - I posted this on your blog but I suggest MAC creme de nude lipstick and MAC c-thru gloss. Hope this helps. xx

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog