Total Pageviews

Monday, September 20, 2010

In and Out Number 3

Hello beautiful followers,
Here are some of my recent in and outs:

Ins:
1. Dark or pale nails. I am going thru a phase right now where my favorite polishes are the likes of blackish dark colors like OPI "My private jet" or soft off white colors like OPI "Bubble bath". It has been very black or white on my nails recently. I'm sure I'll get back into purples/mauves and all of my favorite colors soon, as I tend to get bored easily. The picture below is bubble bath (the old formula. OPI has reformulated this and it's more pink and less white. I do not like the second formula and would not recommend buying it. I was given it as a gift and I couldn't believe how different they applied) 

The new bubble bath and OPI my private jet.

2. Making progress. I'm currently training to run a full marathon this April. I ran the 1/2 last April and really felt that I could have gone a step further and ran the full. The full marathon is 26 miles but my training schedule goes to 20 miles. I ran 19 miles this past Saturday and felt great. The weather is cooling off; making my runs enjoyable and helping my speed. Here is to making progress!!!! It makes me smile.
3. MAC's blush in Desert Rose. This was send to me by Laura one of the lovely people here that I follow which was extremely generous of her. Please check out her blog and follow if you haven't already. The link is http://www.youaresoprettylaura.com/. Her blog is amazing and it has a little bit of everything. Those are my favorite blogs to read and I love reading hers.
I love this blush and have been wearing it a lot recently. It's a gorgeous reddish color with a burgundy undertone.  It's a matte finish which is my favorite finish of all MAC blushes. This gives me that flush, healthy cheek that you get when you're out playing in the snow. When I put this on it makes me think of the holidays. This will be perfect for fall and winter. It's almost like a stain in the sense that even this swatch wouldn't come off without wipes. Very pigmented. I love this so much!

4. Fall decorations. Ok this isn't exactly a picture of my fall decorations but as I was walking around at Publix this afternoon I spotted this little pumpkin and thought he would be perfect on top my makeup drawer. How cute is this?
 
5. The New York Time Bestseller book "Skinny Dip" by Carl Hiassen. And no...this is not what you're thinking. Get your mind out of the gutter! :) It's a mystery book and I love a good mystery that keeps me guessing till the end. I bought this in Florida while on vacation to read while laying out at the beach and the storyline actually happens in Florida which was perfect to read while there. I loved this book. It's very witty, funny and a good mystery. Carl has a series of mystery books and I plan to read them all. I love to read. I find it relaxing to unwind and finish the day by cuddling in the couch or bed with a good book. What are some of your favourite books?

Outs:
1. Not getting to play with makeup as much as I would like. I was reorganizing my makeup recently for my blog sale and found a few Chanel glossimiers all custom of working at Dillard's and made me really miss that part. I really want to get into freelancing more and hope that I have a chance to do more of it since I already have a pretty demanding full time job.

What are your in and outs?

Thank you for reading and commenting. xx


20 comments:

  1. Marathon? I'm impressed! (I'm the less sport oriented person on earth I must say)
    I have a big OUT right now and that's the weather being unable to decide if it wants to keep Summer along a bit longer or dive into Fall. Which makes my mornings quite hard in terms of chosing clothes and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Musing on Beauty - It's the same here. It's been the weirdest weather. Have fun at your big out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those nail polish colors. So pretty. And wow a marathon. Good luck. I'm sure you will do great.

    Btw we are having our first giveaway. I hope you can come over to our blog and check it out.

    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going through the same phase as you. I either like really dark nails or really pale nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The polishes look great!! And by the way I've given you a blog award. Try stopping by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's such a pretty color !!

    i want my private jet too !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos to you girl for the marathon training! That is something to be proud of, you can do it :)Bubble Bath looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments Ansa. That's really sweet of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bubble Bath is such a pretty shade!:D

    I am your newest follower, I thought I was following your blog already!

    Happy Monday!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty shades!
    I love the little pumpkin on your desk :)
    This time of the year is always the best,thank goodness summer is gone. Am I the only one who doesn't like the summer...?
    I never heard of the book, Im gonna try to find a copy,thanks for the suggestion :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I quite like the color of bubble bath.lately i'm more into pascal colors. and that pink blush looks so lovely! I'm totally following :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you always have the best taste. I want both those OPI polishes I'm going to try and look for them this week. Also congratulations on the progress didn't know you were a runner. I ride my bike at least 6miles 5x a week and I find that difficult running 19miles is crazy to me. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would you like to enter my giveaway?

    Here is the link:
    http://acountrygirlblogs.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.html#3841375775340039763

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! I don't know if I could do a marathon. Good for you! I am not sure if I have that drive.

    Rachael

    p.s. Come join in my Lil Petite Jewelry Giveaway when you get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am obsessing over dark polish and fall decorations! I am envious of all your makeup brushes!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love those nail colors! I love OPI in general. And you really made wanna read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Ansa,
    I saw your comment and just wanted to let you know you can go to UD and get put on the wait list for the Book of Shadows 3. XOXO
    http://venuslovesvirgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey ansa! Bubble bath is a really nice colour! I find them so transparent, gota use 3 coats though :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Argh really? I didnt know there was a new one. Yeah mine was soo transparent after 2 coats it got abit patchy, I had to add another one to make it right.... takes quite a while to dry too :( and this is suppose to be my first O.P.I lol! just great! thanks girl for replying :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the comment! I'll have fun in Osaka for sure!

    I've always admired people who used OPI but never had the chance to :( I use a lot of different colors so I would need to buy so much and OPI is crazy expensive here in Tokyo :(

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog