Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 12, 2010

MAC Saint Germain versus MAC Of Royalty

Hi lovelies,
I recently got my hands on the new Fabulous Felines (Palace Pedigreed) MAC of Royalty lipstick. At first sight, I thought this is exactly like MAC Saint Germain. Here they are side by side:
They look different on the tube, but they swatch very similar. They are both a blue pink. As finish goes, Saint Germain is Amplified Creme and Of Royalty is a cremesheen. They are both very creamy and very pigmented. Saint Germain has more blue undertones than Of Royalty making Of Royalty a more wearable Saint Germain. I personally wear Saint Germain by simply tapping it on my lips or using a lip brush to sheer it out and then apply either a clear gloss or a yellow pink gloss over it. I wear Saint Germain all the time, and it's one of my favourite pinks. I like Of Royalty but Saint Germain has a little something extra that makes me like it even more.
Do you have Saint Germain or another bold pink lipstick that you love?

Hope you all had an amazing week.


22 comments:

  1. The swatch is similar indeed!So if I wont catch it I'll go for the S. GErman!!!Thanks hun!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Blushingloves - Defently go for S.Germain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the colors are fabulous....Love this shade. I've somewhat got a similar shade in Colorbar. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Rakhshanda - Thank you. I love pinks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think both are beautiful and very similar but I agree with you in that Saint Germain wins!!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ctanya - I do love S.Germain. Thanks for commenting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great !!!

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have both too and I love then like children lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Adele - haha. Can't pick a favourite, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both very pretty colors ! Of Royalty looks like it has a mauvy color to it.. They are both pretty nonetheless and I would purchase both =D lol..

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ siwing - Of Royalty is def softer in color. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those do swatch closer than they look in the tube, but both are lovely colors...I think I would lean towards MAC of Royalty for it's warmer pink tone! :)

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty colors! I have YSL Pure Lipstick №22, it's similar to Saint Germain, plus it has a great staying power :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of Royalty looks beautiful might have to try it S.Germain looks odd on my skin tone but I do prefer the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh both are very pretty =) Two bright pinks that I'm liking right now are Revlon Matte in Pink Pout and Maybelline Color Sensational in Pink Me Up ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. i dont have saint germain ,, but ive wanted to get it for so long ,, and every time i would to to mac ,, i try it on my hand and think it look ridiculous on me =S

    tho i have blod bright pinks =) and i love baby pinks <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. they do look quite the same. i really don't have a bold pink lipstick like these. my mom does though, and i borrow it sometimes. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the Saint Germain more, but both look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have saint germain and love that color. I find it so hard to wear though. I feel like I have to match my overall makeup and even the colors of the clothes im wearing... some colors just dont go with it; or is it a mental thing?

    ReplyDelete
  20. germain is amazing, im obsessed with bright pinks x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog