Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August Fave

Hi everyone,
I wanted to do a quick post about some of my favourite August product but this turn out to be a bit of a ramble/review about some of these products. Here are some of the make up products I have loved using the month of August:
1. NARS corfu cream eyeshadow. This is a light taupe with silver shimmer laced thru it. It's perfect all over the lid by itself. Since I spend part of the month at the beach, this is the only eyeshadow I used when going out downtown for drinks and dinner/lunch. I have own this color for a while but couldn't wear it because it creased on me even on top of the anti crease bases such as Urban Decay Primer potion, Two Faced eyeshadow insurance, and MAC paint pot. All the bases mentioned have worked for all other eyeshadows except this, so I had sort of cast this eyeshadow aside and didn't use it much. I have oily/combination skin for reference. However, I recently purchased the new NARS Pro-Prime Smudge proof eyeshadow base and was able to wear corfu without any creasing all day even in the hot summer weather of 100 degrees which leads me to my second August favourite: NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow.




2. NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow.
Here is what Sephora states about this product:
What it does:
This smudge-proof eyeshadow base uses a unique polymer and mineral powder blend to get a firm grip on color for long-lasting, gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, it dries on contact and keeps the delicate eye lid smooth and ready for eyeshadow application.

This is pretty pricey at $24 for 0.26 oz is the most expensive eyeshadow primer that I own. It has a wand for application and it's completely sheer. At first thought, I wasn't extremely impressed with this thinking this was just too expensive for what it was designed to do. However, when I used it with the cream color eyeshadow which always creased on me, it passed the test and I was converted. I will always own one of these for as long as NARS keep making them. If you don't have oily skin and eyeshadow does not crease on you, then this is probably not necessary. But for me this is a must have not only because it keeps eyeshadow from creasing better than anything in the market, but also because I do not like to reapply my make up during the day and this will keep it put all day long.
3. MAC shy girl lipstick. This is such a pretty coral color and perfect for summer. It's a rich color with a bit of a pink undertone. It's a creemsheen so the formulation is very soft and of course as the names suggest it provides a pretty sheen to the lips.

4. Illamasqua blush in Katie. This is the perfect baby doll cotton candy pink. It's so girly and pretty. It is a more pigmented version of MAC's well dressed blush which is one of my fave blushes. This is a matte blush and it's highly pigmented so a little goes a long way.  It's the perfect pink summer blush.

These are some of the products I have worn the most in August. What are some of the products you used most in August?

19 comments:

  1. That NARS cream shadow looks amazinggg! I'd get it if they had it in powder form. I hate creams unless I set them with powder :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i think i may need that Illamasqua blush. it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lipstick looks gorgeous! I'm adding so many things to my wishlist now :-) Lovely post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great faves! I have shygirl but haven't seen it in a while - maybe i'll go give it another shot! The swatch looks pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting! I got a sample of the nars primer and it was like any other eyeshadow base... or so I thought! I want that cream shadow, it looks so pretty! If I do get it I'll remember your tip about the primer :-) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pink blush is gorgeous! Maybe it would make a nice eye shadow-I'm having a pink eye shadow phase lol! I also love the Nars primer I might try it,thanks for the reviews XOXO

    http://venuslovesvirgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cream shadow looks so beautiful... but having to buy even the base makes it too expensive, guess I'll try it only if I change my primer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loove your faves! I wana try that nars primer now and that eyeshadow is to die for! I have benefits birthday suit which looks pretty much like that

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks girls for your comments
    @ Get Gawjus - I have Benefit's Birthday suit. It's pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like that lipstick color!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Mimi - Thank you. Shy girl is truly a star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous picks!!! I use to own shy girl....it recently decided that it was going to break in half...so upset!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow..the I love the lipstick shade, pink blush is gorgeous..fabulous picks friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lipstick looks gorgeous!
    & I really want to try the Katie blush - it looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I absolutely love that lipstick!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I earned a super small bottle of the NARS primer from sephora for having 100pts and I used it only once. I was actually surprised to have never come across a review of it.

    Great post!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving that Nars eyeshadow & Mac lipstick. Wonderful favourites!

    www.inmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to try that primer. Lol i forgot about it but stalking your blog just reminded me i need to go to nars!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh MAC shy girl is soo pretty, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog