Total Pageviews

Monday, September 27, 2010

MAC Venomous Villains De-Vil eyeshadow vs MAC coppering

Hi everyone,
Yesterday I got my hands on De-Vil eyeshadow from the new Venomous Villains collection. This eyeshadow is a veluxe pearl finish which feels buttery soft to the touch. The color is a rich copper with a strong orange undertone. This would be especially pretty on blue and brown eyes but this would work well on any eye color.
Picture of De-Vil eyeshadow.

Swatch of De-Vil eyeshadow
Below is a swatch of Coppering eyeshadow which is a MAC permanent color and De-Vil. Coppering is a rich copper with a red/orange undertone and De-Vil is a copper with an orange undertone. However, they aren't that different.  
As you can see by the swatches these are very similar. They are both the same finish (veluxe pearl). They are both very pigmented, and they are both copper. The difference is the undertone which coppering is more red and De-Vil is more orange so I think with all this collection has to offer, De-Vil can be skipped.
Are you skipping on De-Vil?

15 comments:

  1. They look very similar indeed!!
    I need to check this collecion, I love it!!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh what a gorgeous color. I forgot about this new collection from MAC! I just might head to the website for a little shopping =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh thank you for this!!

    missabbylovesit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. De-vil definitely isn't winning me over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Very similar. It's a pretty copper but I will not buy. I'm waiting for them to put the products on the website to figure out what I want to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep I skipped all of the eyeshadows. They are similar to the perm collection and previously released. Awesome dupe comparison Ansa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah.. I want the mineralized shadows and the nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WANT THIS! It look like my face Smashbox burnt orange which is hard for me to find. Where id you get it? I cant find it on the MAC sit yet. So jealous ^;^
    XOXO
    http://venuslovesvirgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love villians so I think this collection is so much fun!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks girls for all of your comments.
    @ VenusInVirgo_my pro store released it early. I bet this comes out tomorrow online. I would check. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've been reading so much about this collection from fellow bloggers. thanks for this post! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. your so lucky. i want atleast one thing from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually like brown shades! :D This looks awesome! i currently have honey lust... i'm curious regarding how this will look on me. :D hehe

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog