Total Pageviews

Monday, September 13, 2010

My In Between Seasons Color

As the summer is coming to an end, I'm making the transition from the pinks and the corals to the darker colors. I find golds (makeup wise) to be in the perfect in between color during intransitt months when the weather is cooling off but summer isn't quite over. Golds gives the glow of the summer but they can easily be pared with browns and purples to give that fall like look. Here are some golds I have been obsessing over this month:

1. MAC Soft and Gentle MSF. This is a gorgeous gold shimmer highlighter and it's perfect to highlight the cheekbones or on top of blush. Soft and Gentle is the closest dupe for the oh so coveted MAC shimpagne MSF. I love to wear this during this in between weather as it gives the skin such a glow and it makes it stand out when wearing a lot of naturals.

2. MAC Other Wordly blush. While I wear pinks and corals all summer, this is a bit too much for me during summer time. It's so shiney it can be difficult to wear on a hot day. It's perfect now with a very natural eyemakeup and a simple lip as it gives such a beautiful glowy bronze to the cheeks. This is a limited edition item. I love this blush dearly and have not yet found a dupe for it. If you have, please let me know.

3. MAC old gold pigment. Love this pigment. I love this on green eyes, but this would look well on any color eyes. It's a gorgeous gold with a green undertone. So unique and gorgeous. I have been wearing this all over the lid with tons of mascara and out of the door.

4. Origins "You're so golden" lipgloss. I love Origins. It's my "go to" line for skincare products. I love that it uses natural ingredients and that the line offers some organic products. Overall it works well for my skin. I haven't tried too much of their makeup, but I intend to. "You're so golden" has a gorgeous golden undertone, and it gives the lips the look of healthy glowy lips. It smells like peppermint and it's not utterly sticky. If you're into a natural, "no fuss" lip but still want a sexy, glow lip, you should give this a go. As a benefit, you get beautiful lips without any of the bad ingredients.

What is your in between summer and fall color?
Hope you all had a lovely Monday.

20 comments:

  1. ohh God...love the golden and brown shades.I'll realy love these shades for summer...Mac products are bit expensive but very nice. I'll really want to buy some products by Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gold pigment! All the origin stores have been closed around here. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I wear the same colors all year round! ha ha. On my eyes at least. Shades of shimmery browns and golds are what I am addicted too. Though my foundation changes like crazy.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all those shades ! thanks.. :) never thought it would be a good transition color.. i've been wearing alot of copper shades lately.. my penny shadestick and cocomotion pigment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they still sell that MA Soft Highlighter?
    It's lovely XOXO
    http://venuslovesvirgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't really know what my in between seasons color is, but gold looks amazing! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you girls for all of your comments.
    @ Venus in Virgo - Yes. They still sell it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to try Origins for a while now. I think the main thing that's caught my eye from them is the "Perfect World" something or other for the face. It's a moisturizer that gives the skin a subtle glow. Definitely want to try that. But seeing the lip gloss here makes me want to give that a go, too (and I'm not a lip gloss kind of girl)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a great idea to have a list pf in-between season colours. I think your selection is great because they are all natural colours and really wearable.
    I hate fall :(
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. woo hoo! Im gonna try to get one thanks!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I want that blush so sad its LE let me know if u find a dupe. Or lets hope it gets re-released I'd love to get my hands on it. I might check my CCO this weekend pray to see it there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmm i dont really have in between colors =)
    i always love bronzy brownish colors <3
    and love ur picks too

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love mac old gold thanx 4the swatches bbe x

    ReplyDelete
  14. the MAC gold pigment looks really nice!! I always love the shimmering stuff MAC has

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color of gold too! I think it looks wonderful and you are right about it being a perfect transition color. I really like the shade of the gold pigment (3).

    ReplyDelete
  16. p.s Don't forget to enter my lovely little jewelry giveaway when you get the chance ;)

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow I love yur gold pigments! very true that Summer is over, but these colours are great just for autume too! :D great post girl. I just gave you a blog award Ansa :) keep up with the blogging. x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog