Total Pageviews

Monday, September 13, 2010

My In Between Seasons Color

As the summer is coming to an end, I'm making the transition from the pinks and the corals to the darker colors. I find golds (makeup wise) to be in the perfect in between color during intransitt months when the weather is cooling off but summer isn't quite over. Golds gives the glow of the summer but they can easily be pared with browns and purples to give that fall like look. Here are some golds I have been obsessing over this month:

1. MAC Soft and Gentle MSF. This is a gorgeous gold shimmer highlighter and it's perfect to highlight the cheekbones or on top of blush. Soft and Gentle is the closest dupe for the oh so coveted MAC shimpagne MSF. I love to wear this during this in between weather as it gives the skin such a glow and it makes it stand out when wearing a lot of naturals.

2. MAC Other Wordly blush. While I wear pinks and corals all summer, this is a bit too much for me during summer time. It's so shiney it can be difficult to wear on a hot day. It's perfect now with a very natural eyemakeup and a simple lip as it gives such a beautiful glowy bronze to the cheeks. This is a limited edition item. I love this blush dearly and have not yet found a dupe for it. If you have, please let me know.

3. MAC old gold pigment. Love this pigment. I love this on green eyes, but this would look well on any color eyes. It's a gorgeous gold with a green undertone. So unique and gorgeous. I have been wearing this all over the lid with tons of mascara and out of the door.

4. Origins "You're so golden" lipgloss. I love Origins. It's my "go to" line for skincare products. I love that it uses natural ingredients and that the line offers some organic products. Overall it works well for my skin. I haven't tried too much of their makeup, but I intend to. "You're so golden" has a gorgeous golden undertone, and it gives the lips the look of healthy glowy lips. It smells like peppermint and it's not utterly sticky. If you're into a natural, "no fuss" lip but still want a sexy, glow lip, you should give this a go. As a benefit, you get beautiful lips without any of the bad ingredients.

What is your in between summer and fall color?
Hope you all had a lovely Monday.

Search This Blog