Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Urban Decay is a brand I have always loved (Yes long before they brought out the Naked Palette) and one of my favourite items is their primer potions. Aside from the packaging which even though looks very cute, is very user unfriendly (a lot of product is left behind), this product is genius. Urban Decay currently has three primer potions. I am swatching all three of them by themselves and with an eyeshadow on top. For the purpose of this post, I picked one of my favourite colors, MAC Patina. Here is MAC patina by itself without a base. It's a soft shimmery golden brown.


1. The original primer potion. This is a sheer nude. There are times when I don't want my primer to interfere with the color of the eyeshadow I'm wearing and I'm only choosing a primer for the purpose of keeping my eyeshadow on longer. For those times, I always go for the original. It completely sheers out and has no color, keeps the shadow from creasing and makes it long lasting. This is a very light formula. Sometimes MAC's paint pot can feel a bit heavy, but this is very light. UD currently has this for sale in a better packaging but I believe it's limited edition. Here is a picture of the potion by itself and then with Patina on top. As you can see this just provides a canvas but does not change the color of the shadow.
2. Primer Potion in Eden. This is the most recent one to come out. This has a tawny/yellowish hue and it's  matte. It is not as light as the original in consistency. It changes the color of the shadow just a little bit in the sense that it just makes it deeper. For example if the color you're using is light, it makes it a bit lighter and bolder, but if it's darker it really brings out the darker tones. Being a bit thicker, it just really deepens the color. Below is Eden by itself and with Patina on top. The middle part where the potion is located shows how the potion makes the shadow matte. Patina has a lot of shimmer to it but Eden mattes it a bit.
3. Primer Potion in Sin. This is very different from the first two because it is a very shimmery. It's a champagne color which I think is universal and would look good on any eye color. This is undoubtedly my favourite in summer time. It makes any eyeshadow shimmery. It looks beautiful even by itself. I love a shimmery lid and this one is gorgeous. This provides the same lasting power and crease resistance as the original and as does Eden. Below is a picture of sin by itself and with Patina on top.


Have you tried any of these? Which one is your favourite?

Hope you all have had an amazing week.

11 comments:

  1. geesh I deleted my own comment...

    Ok I was saying: great swatches!

    I use the regular UDPP under cream shadows. I find it makes powder ones harder to blend, but since everything creamy creases on me, it makes a perfect base.

    I use the Sin one mostly on its own as I think it's so pretty and long lasting, or under matte eyeshadows I want to spice up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! I've always wanted to see why Eden was different :)

    welldressedbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the original and sin.. they came in a set.. my first urban decay purchase ! =D i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh wow, I want to buy the primer potion in sin! It is gorgeous,.. Urban Decay really has cuality products, at least the primer potions.

    I agree with MACS paintpots.. I have a few and I sometimes think twice before wearing them because they do tend to feel heavy :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Musing on beauty - I have combination/oily skin so I have crease issues as well.
    @ Kyra - Me too
    @ Welldressedbeauty-Glad to help
    @ Siwing - Sin is gorgeous
    @ Martha - You must get sin. It's gorgeus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah i hear the orig is one of the best make up items. haven't heard much about the others though. I was going to buy some yesterday but then ended up buying more skincare stuff. damn I can't control myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. trying to follow you back but the widget is broken again -_- oh well I will follow when I come back next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish they make a tube packaging for sin and eden..I know they made a huge tube of the original one though. The packaging is what makes me not want to purchase it, I had the original one and depotted it and it dried out quick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never tried any of these but the Eden one looks really nice because it makes the color so intense!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to purchase this product for a long time now.I will give a try. Thank you for this lovely post.
    http://pelininstyleenglish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog